Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2022

George BM

7 minutes ago, The Ole Bucket said:

No offense to my new comrades, but their meltdowns are not nearly as epic as the ones here when the models, and the weather, stop cooperating.

And the folks in the Western states sub are constantly optimistic and never upset when it doesn't pan out.

It's WEIRD.

The difference is, we have Ji.  So all our meltdowns follow from there.  We could do a forum trade, if you take up the rest of Ji's contract and give us a player to be named later! :lol:

• Like 1

Ji's ability to do numbers on here, and to generate replies, is definitely unparalleled. A very valuable member of this team.

Hopefully we pick up a few inches in my part of the country to go with the absolutely ridiculous cold coming in. Staring at a low of -5 on Friday morning with sustained winds around 20mph.

We even got this image in our NWS forecast. First time I've seen that in a very long time.

Saturday: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 17.

44 minutes ago, The Ole Bucket said:

Ji's ability to do numbers on here, and to generate replies, is definitely unparalleled. A very valuable member of this team.

Hopefully we pick up a few inches in my part of the country to go with the absolutely ridiculous cold coming in. Staring at a low of -5 on Friday morning with sustained winds around 20mph.

We even got this image in our NWS forecast. First time I've seen that in a very long time.

Saturday: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 17.

I had never seen that image before this week--seeing it now for my Wyoming forecast. -22 once the front arrives and the snow starts Wednesday evening, and a "high" of -10 on Thursday.

(though then it taunts the area with "Rain and Snow" and a high of 44 on Christmas Day. Seriously??)

Downright balmy for Christmas Day! Over here we'll be lucky to get to 25.

Looking at Midnight services temps in the single digits with a wind chill around zero.

Of course, that will be a significant improvement from Friday AM.

We also had plans to go see the beautiful light setup in the St. Louis Botanical Gardens on Friday. NOPE. When that event begins (4pm), if they don't cancel it, it will be 6F with a wind chill of about -15F. The last time I felt -15 was probably 17-18 years ago... walking outside in the middle of the night... when I was a college student in the Chicagoland area.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Well damn, didn't think it would happen, but the reason it did is because Duvernay now has a foot injury lol. Ravens can't win.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10059294-ravens-rumors-sammy-watkins-claimed-on-waivers-after-packers-release

Man this has been a weird couple of years. I guess the good news is that elsewhere the team is pretty healthy (by December standards, anyway). And it's our two strengths (running and defense) where we also happen to be the healthiest! Weird...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Man this has been a weird couple of years. I guess the good news is that elsewhere the team is pretty healthy (by December standards, anyway). And it's our two strengths (running and defense) where we also happen to be the healthiest! Weird...

That's true, but they still need a functional passing game to compete with the top tier AFC teams. Right now, it isn't even close.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

That's true, but they still need a functional passing game to compete with the top tier AFC teams. Right now, it isn't even close.

Yeeah I don't know man...To make a push without would be unprecedented in today's league! Can ya still win by rushing and defense? I mean, the Broncos kinda did it with an old Payton Manning, but...I'm sure that passing game was still functional, lol

17 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeeah I don't know man...To make a push without would be unprecedented in today's league! Can ya still win by rushing and defense? I mean, the Broncos kinda did it with an old Payton Manning, but...I'm sure that passing game was still functional, lol

Another issue in the passing game often overlooked is that our offense line is built to run block and are generally a poor pass blocking line. Even if we had a better receiving core our QB's would still be under pressure more than not. We rarely form a clean pocket and when we do Huntley has poor awareness and footwork. You dont see him step up or use a subtle side step to avoid pressure. After his first progression he often breaks and leaves the pocket. His arm strength is average and that's being generous. Our receivers are pretty bad and run bad routes but when they are open Huntley doesnt see them. Lamar has his own problems in the passing game but he's far superior to Huntley despite what some people think. It's not even close and that's accounting for Lamar's poor accuracy at times and inconsistent footwork when stepping into his throws. We have no chance without him. I wouldn't discount them from winning a playoff game. Lamar can carry the team for a game especially against a Tennessee or some other average team assuming the knee is healthy enough. Lamar makes enough big play to overcome his poor passing for 1 game but unfortunately not enough to  make a run deep into the playoffs.   

• Like 1

Was driving through Philly last night and highway billboards had severe weather notices, plan to leave early 12/22 on them.  I guess that was anticipation of brief ZR before the changeover.  At least they didn't brine everything.  Areas that did get pretreatment will be washed down by heavier showers but the stuff is still bad for groundwater.

Oh and just saw this scrolling through the ground clutter, Happy Anniversary Mappy! :D

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stormfly said:

Was driving through Philly last night and highway billboards had severe weather notices, plan to leave early 12/22 on them.  I guess that was anticipation of brief ZR before the changeover.  At least they didn't brine everything.  Areas that did get pretreatment will be washed down by heavier showers but the stuff is still bad for groundwater.

Oh and just saw this scrolling through the ground clutter, Happy Anniversary Mappy! :D

Same driving through MD today on the way to work.  I thought it was for tomorrow until I realized today was the 22nd.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic