Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I haven’t ignored anyone yet, the meltdowns are a large part of this community and I wouldn’t want to miss Ji going from the top of the world to the deepest depths all in one gfs run

When you’ve been dealing with the same sh*t from the same people for years and years and years, sometimes you just gotta pull the trigger on Ignore.

1 hour ago, TSG said:

Looking for home weather station recs in the $150-250 range. Is Ambient Weather still good quality?

Ambient weather WS-2000 seems to cover bases for $279.  The WS-2902C uses the same outdoor sensor array for $170.  2000 has a better indoor console if that's important.

The PWS link in my sig is to the 2000 and it does produce accurate results.  It's much lower than my Tempest so the wind readings aren't nearly as close.  The rain is very much dead on compared to a Young tipper I have nearby.

It can be seen on the tower here:

D6bc22N.jpg

Tempest on top which is about 66' AGL.
Ambient weather WS-2000 is on arm with the Accurite AIO below that.  Those two look too close due to camera angle and zoom levels but they are actually over a meter apart.  The Accurite is being phased out, surprisingly it is still 100% functional since late 2018.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Da fuk is going on in Minnesota?

Is this team a paper tiger?

Imagine losing to the Vikings this year.

The Vikings have a serious problem of snowball games.  When things go off track and they become one-dimensional, the OL can't keep up and the D is just really bad.  This game is still likely a loss, but without the blocked punt TD and the Cook fumble, it is much closer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

Imagine losing to the Vikings this year.

The Vikings have a serious problem of snowball games.  When things go off track and they become one-dimensional, the OL can't keep up and the D is just really bad.  This game is still likely a loss, but without the blocked punt TD and the Cook fumble, it is much closer.

I looked at the standings and their game results. One thing stood out- despite being 10-3 they have been outscored. They have won a bunch of very close games, but when they lose they lose big. Historically that is not a good sign, but in today's NFL, who knows.

22 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I looked at the standings and their game results. One thing stood out- despite being 10-3 they have been outscored. They have won a bunch of very close games, but when they lose they lose big. Historically that is not a good sign, but in today's NFL, who knows.

They aren't built to go far in the playoffs.  They are a mid-tier team that has played well in clutch situations, but the switch to the Fangio defense under Donatell has been a full-on failure.  

• Like 1

Good Afternoon Mid-Atlantic forum. First time commenter, long time follower.

Allow me to introduce myself. My government name is Kyle. I am a 30yo Wilmington native and SE Pennsylvania transplant. I am an untrained weather enthusiast who has loved this science since I was a kid. Particularly the winter weather as most of us in here do. I was to be a Met major going into college but chose to join the military instead.

One way to describe my passion for this hobby is that I woke up this afternoon (working 3rd shift) and saw the full on cave of the 12z GFS. My wife must’ve thought someone in my family died because the look of defeat on my face was enough to cause her concern.

Anyway, happy to finally be in here amongst like minded individuals.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, DE2PA said:

Allow me to introduce myself. My government name is Kyle. I am a 30yo Wilmington native and SE Pennsylvania transplant. I am an untrained weather enthusiast who has loved this science since I was a kid. Particularly the winter weather as most of us in here do. I was to be a Met major going into college but chose to join the military instead.

One way to describe my passion for this hobby is that I woke up this afternoon (working 3rd shift) and saw the full on cave of the 12z GFS. My wife must’ve thought someone in my family died because the look of defeat on my face was enough to cause her concern.

Relatable... minus the wife part.:lol:

Welcome aboard! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DE2PA said:

Brave!  If you came for therapy, check out the Panic Room….anyways….

2FD7B75C-299D-483B-A051-8738580C5568.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GATECH said:

You’ll fit in just fine here, just don’t ask “how much for Philly!”

Few general things ive gathered so far:

-Trust nothing outside of 5 days and even then trust it like you would a wet fart.

-Keep the digital snow maps to yourself

-This climo is hot garbage 

-Ji is the king of optimism here

-ALEET

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic