Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2022

George BM

15 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

@mappy hey sorry about the incident. Glad you’re all ok. Never met you kid but I like that style lol.

Hit one myself about 6 years ago. That thing looked like a punted football flying through the air. That one didn’t walk away sadly. 

Thanks friend, and yeah, she's pretty awesome. 

Ugh. I am thanking whoever was watching over us, could have been much much worse. 

14 hours ago, mappy said:

Friendly reminder to watch out for deer. Never even saw it and it hit my front left bumper. Kid dropped a well placed “what the fuck was that” when it happened. lol

we are okay, car will need repairs, but it’s driveable. Oof what an evening. 

Sorry to hear that Mappy. Glad everyone is ok. 

Sounds like something my 8 year old son would say lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

My 8 year old thinks that the S word is "stupid".  We've sheltered her.  But more importantly, no older siblings.

My 9-year-old knows what the words are, but she wouldn't think of saying them. My 5-year-old will likely be dropping F bombs within the next couple years.

Wouldn't be surprising if some or all of the sub forum is still Skunked heading into January.  I see in my nightmares how next week ends up getting going to late and hammers north of us and then after Christmas there's a southern slider that hits south of us. Typical Nina.

I hope I'm dead wrong and we're  still shoveling our foot + of snow from Christmas eve eve while staring down the barrel of a juiced up miller A coming out of the gulf of Mexico with a perfectly placed 1050 high sitting to the north of us on Boxing day.

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

one time when i was about 8 my friend and I were sitting on his front porch yelling SHIT, FUCK, PISS, DAMN over and over....my mother heard and shoved a bar of soap in my mouth. I was like what the fuck mom i use that on my ass. 

Was it lifebuoy?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

one time when i was about 8 my friend and I were sitting on his front porch yelling SHIT, FUCK, PISS, DAMN over and over....my mother heard and shoved a bar of soap in my mouth. I was like what the fuck mom i use that on my ass. 

I once said the f word to my sister. I was about 7, she 6. She said “how do you spell that?” I told her. At dinner that night she slid a piece of paper across the table to my dad and said “John said that today”. It didn’t end well after that.

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Sorry to hear that Mappy. Glad everyone is ok. 

Sounds like something my 8 year old son would say lol

Thank you!

Full disclaimer: my kid does not cuss on the reg, but she's aware of all the words through me hahahaha. She will be 10 next week, and she will hear much worse in her middle school years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Thank you!

Full disclaimer: my kid does not cuss on the reg, but she's aware of all the words through me hahahaha. She will be 10 next week, and she will hear much worse in her middle school years. 

Lol. Yes my Daughter is in 7th and my son in 3rd.  Middle school is the worst. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I love the 3rd Movement if Beethoven's 9th so much...sublime nature

Yup!  And the 2nd Movement is a veritable timpanist's dream!  Actually I like the entire symphony (of course!).  I had the good fortune to see it performed live in Atlanta by the ASO years ago when Yoel Levi was conductor and music director.  And the Atlanta choir was quite good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Was it lifebuoy?

Not Lifebouy! That stuff makes you go blind!

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Thank you!

Sorry about the incident Mappy. Her saying that instantly took me to that most favorite of all Christmas movies, A Christmas Story. Glad it wasn't any worse than it was.

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic