Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Is it taboo to talk about any type of gambling in the banter threads, or should that be taken elsewhere?

This reminded me of an old sports joke about Pete Rose's gambling on baseball (no offense to any Rose fans out there)...

So, it was recently Pete Rose's birthday.  Nobody was sure of his exact age, but the spread was 3 years!

(rim shot, please...I exit stage right!)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

We’re basically at D7 for the storm being on our door step. Long way to go but I like where we sit for now. I’d like to see us in a similar position (with wiggle room to maintain a nice event) around 0z Sunday. 

Everyone should also remember that even an area wide 3-6” type event would be HIGH TIER for mid-Atlantic La Niña December’s.

At my location back home 3.6" during the entire month would make it the snowiest December since.. 2009 lol. Gotta stay humbled by climo after seeing those 2 GFS runs back to back, and of course it's good to know that we're just now at the start of our tracking season.. anything this early is gravy :snowing:

Friendly reminder to watch out for deer. Never even saw it and it hit my front left bumper. Kid dropped a well placed “what the fuck was that” when it happened. lol

we are okay, car will need repairs, but it’s driveable. Oof what an evening. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 8

30 minutes ago, mappy said:

Friendly reminder to watch out for deer. Never even saw it and it hit my front left bumper. Kid dropped a well placed “what the fuck was that” when it happened. lol

we are okay, car will need repairs, but it’s driveable. Oof what an evening. 

All that matters is that you and minimap are ok. A car is easily fixed or replaced

• Like 2

I have been looking at model runs in the New England sub, I have a question for knowledgeable hobbyists or even a degreed met: That trough that's digging in the next week, how doggone cold is it going to get in South Texas? I really do NOT like the looks of it, not one little bit. I really do NOT want to lose my plants. That Makes me think about Feb 2021, and I was promised it would never get that cold again down here for another 150 years.

7 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I totally get some of these... would be useful for many people to see road closures and how/if snow is accumulating. But some of these seem a hyper-specific and not that useful on mPING, imo, but maybe there is no other platform. The only one I see being legit problematic is the closures one. What good does filling up the radar screen with school/business closures do, especially in really populated zones? More than a couple people marking a delay or closure when OPM has a weather day is gonna make RadarScope a tough read.

OK, I'll bite.  Anyone willing to share their personal top 5 list for MA snow experiences, in ranked order, along with a brief description of why?  I suspect the usual list of candidates will be in some order, PD1/2, Jan 1996, Jan 2016, Dec 2009 etc.

For those who are really bored (or just love talking about it) a detailed explanation of your ranking criteria would be welcome.  Factors that I would personally consider are if I was doing it are

1. Amount of snow

2. Temps during event

3. How long did the snow stick around/temps after the event

4. How well was the event modelled (or not if you like surprises)

5. Bonus factors (high winds, high rates, thundersnow, number of Ji meltdowns etc).

18 minutes ago, H2O said:

It’s good to see that the models are lockstep, showing unity and not having wild swings. This will calm the masses

I always wake anxiously waiting to read Amped's interpretation he is my favorite sometimes I make hot chocolate 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic