Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Hi friend! It was yesterday and wonderful, she was amazing, and I couldn’t be more proud! 

That is wonderful!!!  You have every reason to be proud.  I felt the same when my daughter would take part in the Nutcracker this time of year.  Lots of work (for her AND the parents!), but it was actually fun and in some ways I miss doing all that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Aw c'mon...How about the big plays he's prevented? And he has at least a couple interceptions, iirc. I mean take a look at his numbers...he's back to Pro-Bowl form. He's even gotten a few sacks, lol

The secondary has performed so poorly overall when it matters most, maybe his better plays aren't very memorable.

34 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The secondary has performed so poorly overall when it matters most, maybe his better plays aren't very memorable.

I think the issue with the 4th quarter has been mental. You know these dudes can play! Also the type of defensive calls with a late lead too...that may be a MacDonald thing (though overall there's no disputing how much better we've gotten)

But you brought up a point I was about to make earlier: perception. I think the 4th quarter meltdowns have clouded things. What I see is a defense much improved from last year. Turnovers up, sacks up (an area that was supposed to be a weakness), secondary better. They just have to get out of their own way mentally late.

Just now, ravensrule said:

HUUGE win with our 3rd string QB. LFG. 

It sounds like Huntley is ok and has a decent chance to play Saturday. Running game is back to full strength if these guys stay healthy. Smash mouth ball with the D improving some and getting turnovers will get them to the playoffs. We will see how effective Lamar is when he gets back from the sprained knee, and ofc they are perpetually limited in the passing game due to Roman and mediocre WRs. Not sure if they can get past KC, Cincy, or Buffalo, but if they can run it effectively and control TOP, there is a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

There's frogs still active in my pond and it's almost January.  Can we get this shit on the road for crying out loud?  

1 hour ago, anotherman said:

I’m in Pennsylvania and the grass still looks like it’s September.

Pic from a dog walk today. Spring is right around the corner.

9515894E-AF09-4F9D-83B7-C82AB8A3B03B.thumb.jpeg.4f15dd1ae64b79a55ea1dee0d9fc3e41.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It sounds like Huntley is ok and has a decent chance to play Saturday. Running game is back to full strength if these guys stay healthy. Smash mouth ball with the D improving some and getting turnovers will get them to the playoffs. We will see how effective Lamar is when he gets back from the sprained knee, and ofc they are perpetually limited in the passing game due to Roman and mediocre WRs. Not sure if they can get past KC, Cincy, or Buffalo, but if they can run it effectively and control TOP, there is a chance.

If Huntley is back for Saturday that would be amazing. I’m mostly concerned about Cincy and Buffalo. Although I think if we go into the playoffs with a healthy LJ and no more injuries we have a good shot. I don’t know what happened to Marlon today, he had the worst game of his career. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

If Huntley is back for Saturday that would be amazing. I’m mostly concerned about Cincy and Buffalo. Although I think if we go into the playoffs with a healthy LJ and no more injuries we have a good shot. I don’t know what happened to Marlon today, he had the worst game of his career. 

He admitted he was terrible today. Peters hasn't been good lately either. Need those two to tighten things up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H2O said:

I have the same bush in the yard and noticed the same thing. A few blooms. Pool and swim team will open soon

That plant blooms in December every year, if I’m honest. There’s also a house around the corner whose daffodils start coming up during the first “thaw” period in January or February each year, as well. I’ll be sure to post a pic to push weenies off the ledge as soon as they pop.

As for swim, we had a fundraiser yesterday morning and practice tonight. It never stops!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic