Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter Thread

Rjay

1 hour ago, nycwinter said:

that is why i mentioned the defensive line and not the overall defense you have to pay attention..

The defenses (and the rules) today are frankly just not that good compared to that era.  The Giants back then also had multiple hall of famers on their defensive line didn't they?

10 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Orlovsky just said on ESPN that Joe Burrow is the best QB in the NFL, I generally agree with that-- I mean the guy has never looked back from winning the national championship and changed the entire Bengal organization.

I would say if Burrow wins the Super Bowl this season (which I now believe will happen), we can elevate him to the best QB in the NFL. Or at least into a tie with Mahomes for the best QB in the NFL. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Orlovsky just said on ESPN that Joe Burrow is the best QB in the NFL, I generally agree with that-- I mean the guy has never looked back from winning the national championship and changed the entire Bengal organization.

mahomes is still the best by far

I'm figuring someone already made this analogy but here goes.   Potentially breaking our snow drought just shy of the record, as the final poke in the eye, reminds me of a certain hometown football team which will remain nameless, winning a few meaningless games at the end of the year a few years back to lose out on the prize for worst team and the  #1 draft pick that would have gone with it.

And, of course, the year they did manage to score the #1 draft pick, Peyton Manning saw that and said 'I'm going to stay at Tennessee!  They're better!'  Ok I added that very last part.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

what I liked last year is with much less rain there were also much less bugs.  It was the first time I didn't have to spray, with all that rain I have to spray everything, all the borders around my house, my pond, garden, everything.  I hate nasty mosquitoes and giant spiders and creepy centipedes, I dont want NY to become like Texas.

I noticed my health was better and a lot less allergies with the drier air last summer.  It actually felt like the drier and hotter summers we had growing up here.

Maybe your health was better because you didn't spray so many chemicals...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IrishRob17 said:

Maybe your health was better because you didn't spray so many chemicals...

There's that too, but I also noticed when it gets very humid I have problems breathing.

But yea all this RAID and Bug Barrier can't be good either.

I've been trying to really limit it since I have so many different kinds of birds that come into my garden now.

Even these parrots and woodpeckers which seem to have set up residence here.

DSCN0652_02color.jpg

Looking forward to the 2 football games next Sunday, a rematch of last year's AFC conference title game (the team that wins that game will win the SB IMO-- go Bengals!) and the NFC conference title game.  The Eagles are lucky that the Niners are on their third string QB, if it was either of the other two QB I would favor the Niners to win even on the road (they are better in all phases of the game, including defense), but because Brock Purdy is their QB I don't think they can pull this one out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Looking forward to the 2 football games next Sunday, a rematch of last year's AFC conference title game (the team that wins that game will win the SB IMO-- go Bengals!) and the NFC conference title game.  The Eagles are lucky that the Niners are on their third string QB, if it was either of the other two QB I would favor the Niners to win even on the road (they are better in all phases of the game, including defense), but because Brock Purdy is their QB I don't think they can pull this one out.

Brock Purdy has been impressive though. So much poise for a young kid. He has played great and the Niners have won 8 in a row with him starting. I thought losing Garoppolo would hurt them, but that hasn't been the case. 

I know I'm picking the Bengals, but I'm still undecided on the Eagles-Niners game. That's a very tough one to predict. Both should be great games ... really looking forward to Sunday. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Brock Purdy has been impressive though. So much poise for a young kid. He has played great and the Niners have won 8 in a row with him starting. I thought losing Garoppolo would hurt them, but that hasn't been the case. 

I know I'm picking the Bengals, but I'm still undecided on the Eagles-Niners game. That's a very tough one to predict. Both should be great games ... really looking forward to Sunday. 

As much as I'd love to see it I just don't see the eagles losing

3 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

As much as I'd love to see it I just don't see the eagles losing

Home field advantage is big and you'd have to give the Eagles the advantage at QB with Hurts, but I agree with LibertyBell that the 49ers have the better all around team. This is a tough one. I'll probably pick the Niners since I have nothing to lose going for the upset since I already won the Pick em contest in the sports forum. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Complete nonsense that the 49ers are better in "all phases of the game". Eagles have a significant advantage in the secondary which only grows wider if Maddox plays, a much deeper Dline (70 sacks this year compared to 44 for SF, 18.5 of which were Bosa alone), and by far the best offensive line in football.  49ers have an advantage at linebacker and running back and that's really it. Philly has been the better team all year and the only way Philly loses is if they beat themselves with turnovers. And that would still be the case if Jimmy G or Trey Lance were playing. People just can't accept the fact that the Eagles are one of the best and most complete teams in football this year. You'd think Giants fans would finally see the light after trying to convince themselves that last week would be a "close game".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Complete nonsense that the 49ers are better in "all phases of the game". Eagles have a significant advantage in the secondary which only grows wider if Maddox plays, a much deeper Dline (70 sacks this year compared to 44 for SF, 18.5 of which were Bosa alone), and by far the best offensive line in football.  49ers have an advantage at linebacker and running back and that's really it. Philly has been the better team all year and the only way Philly loses is if they beat themselves with turnovers. And that would still be the case if Jimmy G or Trey Lance were playing. People just can't accept the fact that the Eagles are one of the best and most complete teams in football this year. You'd think Giants fans would finally see the light after trying to convince themselves that last week would be a "close game".

Niners made significant changes to their team during the season so you really can't compare full seasons of the two teams against each other.  I judge defense by PPG and the Niners are one position better than the Eagles.  Sure it's close and they're 1-2 best teams in the conference but if their QB wasn't hurt most people had the Niners getting to the SB.

The Giants are a mediocre team and I was never a fan of Daniel Jones.  He should be offered a middling contract and if he doesn't take it, they need to let him walk and sign whomever the best free agent QB is around.

2 hours ago, The Iceman said:

As a Giants fan I’m well aware the Eagles are a juggernaut and arguably the most talent rich team left in the playoffs. That doesn’t guarantee a win. At least that’s what I’m hoping for because…

8e3668e3-f99e-4615-a274-a0422675e516_tex

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I think the chiefs will play with a chip on their shoulder, bengals are really great but chiefs underdog at arrowhead is interesting. 

4 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

Home field advantage is big and you'd have to give the Eagles the advantage at QB with Hurts, but I agree with LibertyBell that the 49ers have the better all around team. This is a tough one. I'll probably pick the Niners since I have nothing to lose going for the upset since I already won the Pick em contest in the sports forum. 

Agree I think 49ers are the most complete team in football but we’ve never seen Purdy in a spot like this on the road, I wouldn’t touch either of the games this weekend from a betting standpoint.

• Like 1

• BxEngine locked and unpinned this topic