Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter Thread

Rjay

2 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yes I shoveled almost 6" of sleet on st Patrick's day 

My storm door was stuck and could not be opened lol-- I've never seen that much sleet before in my entire life.

Sleet is 2:1 liquid equivalent right?  So that would have been 3" of rain? Omg..... or 30" of snow like Jan 2016 was lol.

Do you remember what VD 2007 was? Something like 4 inches of snow and 2 inches of sleet with some freezing rain on top?

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

My storm door was stuck and could not be opened lol-- I've never seen that much sleet before in my entire life.

Sleet is 2:1 liquid equivalent right?  So that would have been 3" of rain? Omg..... or 30" of snow like Jan 2016 was lol.

Do you remember what VD 2007 was? Something like 4 inches of snow and 2 inches of sleet with some freezing rain on top?

I had barely an inch of snow and mostly sleet with that one too

• Like 1

As Kenny Rogers once said..."You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away and know when to run"
paz-white-flag.gif.e28d4d7f43892f9f11ed3a4b250444f7.gif

Joe D’Aleo threw in the towel. Said based on his SST analogs he doubts any cold the end of this month makes it to the east coast because of the SE ridge. Also thinks February is going to be a SE ridge torch. When he gives up you know it’s real bad. He’s one of the biggest cold misers there is
  • Like 1

Think it is actually a very major event, that the forecasting and modeling is good enough to project a season with some confidence.

Thus far such forecasts have usually shown little skill, so a correct forecast made well in advance of the season end is significant imho.

21 hours ago, Rjay said:

Big Blue!!

On 1/9/2022 at 7:05 PM, Nibor said:

I think DJ could have been and maybe to a degree still can be a good to great QB. He just landed in an organization that is in the throes of complete incompetence when it comes to development of talent. 

I still can’t believe how many times Jason “the clap” Garrett had him risk his body in run plays. 

In Daboll we trust, Amen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

As a Jet fan, I remember how Gettelmann (sp) was raked over the coals for taking Daniel Jones when he did.  I haven't heard him getting much credit this week, and he probably should get at least some.

Gettleman is really good at assessing talent in the early rounds of the draft. He scored well with DJ, Andrew Thomas, Sexy Dexy, Saquon. He was really bad in free agency contracts and coach hiring.  

• BxEngine locked and unpinned this topic