Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter Thread

Rjay

11 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Long range modeling looks bad. Not sure what the optimistic ones are seeing.

-PNA, +Nao and +Ao

Another one throwing in the towel ?

We will be in business if this is right. We will get colder by mid-month if the MJO controls the pattern.

Stop worrying

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

We will be in business if this is right. We will get colder by mid-month if the MJO controls the pattern.

Stop worrying

You will continue to say this until you realize we were correct. Then you will start blaming some Twitter met or a winter outlook. 1/15 is going to come without a inch in Brooklyn 

• Haha 4

Just now, Allsnow said:

You will continue to say this until you realize we were correct. Then you will start blaming some Twitter met or a winter outlook. 1/15 is going to come without a inch in Brooklyn 

It's a bad pattern but actually pay attention to the forecasted pattern ahead. What looks bad?

I was talking to PB this morning and he is very confident going forward.

He is usually cautious.

7 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Stop worrying

If MJO 8 fails by mid late month I think even you will be throwing in the towel.I'll start thinking about baseball and Spring.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It's a bad pattern but actually pay attention to the forecasted pattern ahead. What looks bad?

He is usually cautious.

PB is usually cautious? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

He is usually cautious.

The Jan 20 - Feb 20 period will be the best month of the winter imo. Doesn't mean it'll produce but the chances will be the greatest and it helps that it coincides with peak snow climo. 

• Like 1

It what strikes me is all the people just hoping for snow. How about we actually get snowmaking temperatures first? This ski season is off to a very dismal start. I do think we are in the decade we will start seeing some smaller areas close permanently due to the expense of relying fully in man made snow. This isn’t like the past anymore. It seems more and more that we need to thread the needle just to get decent snow making temperatures let alone snow. Then when even normal climatic conditions return we torch. It is frustrating. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

It what strikes me is all the people just hoping for snow. How about we actually get snowmaking temperatures first? This ski season is off to a very dismal start. I do think we are in the decade we will start seeing some smaller areas close permanently due to the expense of relying fully in man made snow. This isn’t like the past anymore. It seems more and more that we need to thread the needle just to get decent snow making temperatures let alone snow. Then when even normal climatic conditions return we torch. It is frustrating. 

Temps will be in the 30s and 40s next week but too warm for snow at the coast

37 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Temps will be in the 30s and 40s next week but too warm for snow at the coast

And still too warm to make snow during the day even in the mountains. This is incredible for this time of year. Ski areas are doing their best but it is looking bleaker than any time I can remember. 

21 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

And still too warm to make snow during the day even in the mountains. This is incredible for this time of year. Ski areas are doing their best but it is looking bleaker than any time I can remember. 

Exactly. I was at Stratton all last week until yesterday. It went from a several foot base to completely melted out. Only snow making trails remain and they are in bad shape too. That’s a Mountain far enough north and with a base of 2,000’ and a summit of 3,850’. What’s a place like Vernon valley with a base of 600’ and a summit of 1400’ going to do!!!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

What a disaster the forums are right now with people canceling winter on January 2.

Ant although I agree with you that we have a long way to to go,,,,,snow in March does not do it for me because it is usually gone a day later so IMO Mother Nature has 8 weeks to get her sheee- ite together and it looks as if we might possibly be knocking a week or possibly 2 weeks off that time line 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• BxEngine locked and unpinned this topic