Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter Thread

Rjay

17 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

Isn’t the 23rd looking trackable? Saw a few posts about it but haven’t been able to look myself. 

If you buy into the ensembles, than yes it is.  The NE obs/long range thread is good reading.  The track record for any guidance past about day 4 or 5 has been pretty atrocious so far though.  

• Thanks 1

Yeah, we’ll see I guess. Would be nice to catch a break and have the models trend toward favorable and then finally lock in instead of seeing them trend unfavorable and that always being a metaphysical certitude. 

I admit it’s probably cognitive bias, or at least explainable by the Niña background state. Still, frustrating. 

My wife and I were in Iceland last month and went to the Northern region for the first time. Re: discussion in the main Dec thread I mentioned I’d share some pics if anyone is interested. It’s absurdly beautiful there, and going mainly to the north, were able to hike in quite a bit of wintry-ness. 

https://imgur.com/a/2PJs7CB

(First three aurora pics were in Reykjavik, the latter one is the northern capital Akureyri. Of course the strongest auroras over our two week trip there occurred while we briefly stayed in the cities, lol)  

Edit: Accidentally added that road video, doesn’t really show anything lol. And last two pics are of Fagradalsfjall, the volcano that erupted for a second time in a year a few months ago - was dormant since the Middle Ages  

• Like 2

My wife and I were in Iceland last month and went to the Northern region for the first time. Re: discussion in the main Dec thread I mentioned I’d share some pics if anyone is interested. It’s absurdly beautiful there, and going mainly to the north, were able to hike in quite a bit of wintry-ness. 

https://imgur.com/a/2PJs7CB

(First three aurora pics were in Reykjavik, the latter one is the northern capital Akureyri. Of course the strongest auroras over our two week trip there occurred while we briefly stayed in the cities, lol)  
Edit: Accidentally added that road video, doesn’t really show anything lol. And last two pics are of Fagradalsfjall, the volcano that erupted for a second time in a year a few months ago - was dormant since the Middle Ages  

Awesome! It looks

• Thanks 1

• BxEngine locked and unpinned this topic