Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2022 Medium/Long Range Pattern Discussion Thread

Carvers Gap

10 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Looks like Smyrna, Nashville, West Nashville, and. Clarksville are reporting light snow.  Not sure that it holds together for NE TN as modeling shows it Fallon apart.  Here’s to hoping for some mood flakes though!

Well, it is a mood setter, gave me another reason not to go to the gym this am which I did not need lol but it is very fine flakes almost identical to the snow last Thursday/Friday 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matt9697 said:

Yea, got the ground covered again here, not much probably close to an inch now

Just now, matt9697 said:

Well, it is a mood setter, gave me another reason not to go to the gym this am which I did not need lol but it is very fine flakes almost identical to the snow last Thursday/Friday 

Thank for the obs.  That definitely helps as I am selfishly(prob unrealistically) hoping it manages to unexpectedly get over the Plateau.

Yeah, I managed to get in a run yesterday.  But DEFINITELy going to have to do some work after two great Christmas dinners yesterday.  LOL.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Thank for the obs.  That definitely helps as I am selfishly(prob unrealistically) hoping it manages to unexpectedly get over the Plateau.

Yeah, I managed to get in a run yesterday.  But DEFINITELy going to have to do some work after two great Christmas dinners yesterday.  LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt9697 said:

Here is a pix still snowing lightly 

I grew up in Gallatin and went to a small church in Cottontown for a time in my youth.  Congrats on the flakes and light accumulation.  Always a bonus when it happens during the day.  Being so cold, it's also nice to see every flake stick.  Doesn't happen very often in Tennessee.  Enjoy the snow!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

I grew up in Gallatin and went to a small church in Cottontown for a time in my youth.  Congrats on the flakes and light accumulation.  Always a bonus when it happens during the day.  Being so cold, it's also nice to see every flake stick.  Doesn't happen very often in Tennessee.  Enjoy the snow!

Still coming down pretty good looks like that last band moving through 

• Like 2

Well, December wasn't done with us yet.  Today, a clipper which was typical of the 80s winter cold shots....slid across TN(and really all of the forum area including MS) w/ light amounts.  It even made it over the Plateau.  In Kingsport the south side of town is getting decent amounts of light to moderate snow.  The roads are covered.  Many places in E TN received more snow with this than they did with the cold front a few days ago.  

• 1 month later...

As a follow-up, Eastman Chemical noted a lower than expected, fourth quarter earnings report specifically related to the cold snap during December.  It had a 20million dollar impact.....

https://www.timesnews.net/business/eastman-reports-financial-struggle-in-fourth-quarter/article_8d7e257e-9e68-11ed-b49c-4b76ef00f3fc.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1