• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Medium-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

Verbatim it's a big hit along I-95 and east. NW burbs would see several inches.
1671786000-CA5IxIZ1EfY.png
1671796800-vxdFMv6YKag.png

Different outcome, but still a solid hit as you said. Doubt many of us would be upset if this played out verbatim with another shot at snow 3-4 days afterward - particularly along the I95 corridor.

A foot of snow Christmas week with a very cold airmass in place for BWI. That’d be a huge win in my view.

Nonetheless, some will still be like “damn, the phase was too late so we didn’t see a 1-2 footer”. If you’re living with a ‘KU or bust’ mantra living in the mid Atlantic in the year 2022, you’re literally begging for disappointment.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Different outcome, but still a solid hit as you said. Doubt many of us would be upset if this played out verbatim with another shot at snow 3-4 days afterward - particularly along the I95 corridor.

A foot of snow Christmas week with a very cold airmass in place for BWI. That’d be a huge win in my view.

Nonetheless, some will still be like “damn, the phase was too late so we didn’t see a 1-2 footer”. If you’re living with a ‘KU or bust’ mantra living in the mid Atlantic in the year 2022, you’re literally begging for disappointment.

At this juncture the depiction on the means is reasonably close to what we want, but plenty of details that will determine the ultimate outcome remain unresolved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People expecting every run to not have variation are in for a long week. Gonna be some changes for something 7 days away. 

And a reminder for those freaking out over the euro

It showed San Diego in a deep freeze just a couple days ago.  How’s that working out?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Siberian-Snowcover-Myth said:

Honestly I’d be happy with 2-4” and an arctic blast, for Christmas… meanwhile waiting on the 27th storm to arrive.

1-2 feet would be disruptive.  oh hell I would love it but also love 3 inches.  also I noticed just looking at the snowfall maps it is possible the entire state of VA would have a white Christmas if things work out.  That has to be quite rare. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, H2O said:

People expecting every run to not have variation are in for a long week. Gonna be some changes for something 7 days away. 

And a reminder for those freaking out over the euro

It showed San Diego in a deep freeze just a couple days ago.  How’s that working out?

7 days out, a lot will change. Just happy to be in the game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It would be nice to get a big early season hit because I’ve noticed the forum is a lot less volition and reactionary in seasons where the snow fix has already been satiated somewhat. 

I don’t know, once you get a taste of the good stuff…just makes you want more….plus there is JI, who always wants more better.  I think he was complaining 2nd half of Feb 2010…meanwhile I was hiring folks to shovel off my flat roof from 3ft of snow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

A bit of an increased indication of low pressure to the NW on the 6z GEFS. 

1671796800-7PM8MMGW69U.png

Do you feel the GFS suppresses coastal low pressure incorrectly as a bias? 

Earlier in the month it had this storm further out in the Atlantic only to correct West.  

Also I read that the warm pool in the NW Atlantic may be playing a role by enticing the block to connect to this area by the way of a ridge and hence cause the coastal to be more of a inland runner or coastal hugger.   

This warm pool has been a persistent feature and was even focused on during the summer as part of a study on marine heat waves where certain ocean SST anomalies are significantly above normal.  

So we have anomalous - AO but also anomalously warm sea surface temps in the NW Atlantic. I imagine possibly competing forces for our area.  

Maybe this feature becomes less of a concern next month.