Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2022 Medium-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

Just now, Terpeast said:

Around this time tomorrow we get into the 7 day window for this one. 

How far ahead did the models sniff out this major dakotas blizzard and a mostly rain event here today?

Solid week? We got teased a couple times that it would get forced to our south, but think that was all like D9? I’d have to go back in the thread to be sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SnowenOutThere said:

A solid foot plus event the for whole forum and its all snow for most (all?) of us with temps in the 20s and low 30s. 

snku_acc.us_ma.png

Fringed! Didn't love the way that evolved, but it'll change in six hours. Just glad it's still showing the significant storm idea.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Solid week? We got teased a couple times that it would get forced to our south, but think that was all like D9? I’d have to go back in the thread to be sure.

Ok if models still show tomorrow what they’re showing today, then I think we are in game time. 

Just now, CAPE said:

Disjointed with a later phase but good outcome esp for places inland. Sort of evolves more like the Euro but comes together quicker, so better at out latitude.

We have sooooo much more leeway and margin for error if we get the shortwave to get south of our latitude. Increases the floor AND the ceiling.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Terpeast said:

Ok if models still show tomorrow what they’re showing today, then I think we are in game time. 

We’re basically at D7 for the storm being on our door step. Long way to go but I like where we sit for now. I’d like to see us in a similar position (with wiggle room to maintain a nice event) around 0z Sunday. 

Everyone should also remember that even an area wide 3-6” type event would be HIGH TIER for mid-Atlantic La Niña December’s.

• Like 17

Just now, WxUSAF said:

We’re basically at D7 for the storm being on our door step. Long way to go but I like where we sit for now. I’d like to see us in a similar position (with wiggle room to maintain a nice event) around 0z Sunday. 

Everyone should also remember that even an area wide 3-6” type event would be HIGH TIER for mid-Atlantic La Niña December’s.

That's sort of where the constant analysis and especially the damn snow maps (with the runs that have weenie outcomes) can skew expectations. This is a sick ass good pattern and it will be more mature by next week. That said, a solid warning criteria event is much more realistic in December than a KU.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Amped said:

I have no good analogs. 

February 1972 and January 1935 look the closest

I was just wondering about that. 

3 minutes ago, Ji said:
12 minutes ago, Terpeast said:
Around this time tomorrow we get into the 7 day window for this one. 
How far ahead did the models sniff out this major dakotas blizzard and a mostly rain event here today?

We need to get to the 132 hour 

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Feb 83 redux

Bring on the gravity waves and thundersnow!