• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Medium-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

Kinda crazy to think, but by next Thursday the 15th, it’s quite plausible that we will only have had 3 AN in the month! The 3rd, 7th, and today. But because all 3 of those days are double-digit warm departures, the total monthly departure by next week could be pretty modest. Poor @leesburg 04. No 70F before the pre-Xmas torch :(

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Kinda crazy to think, but by next Thursday the 15th, it’s quite plausible that we will only have had 3 AN in the month! The 3rd, 7th, and today. But because all 3 of those days are double-digit warm departures, the total monthly departure by next week could be pretty modest. Poor @leesburg 04. No 70F before the pre-Xmas torch :(

There's a reason i never win any of the contests

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

And that's a killer -EPO getting established there. Looks like the cold air moderates a little by the time it gets to us, but we're still BN.

Will need the PNA to be less hostile to get the direct shot of cold.  Of course Some -PNA may be useful in fighting off the cold/dry tendency of big -EPOs for you MA guys/gals.  Not so much for us SE weenies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Will need the PNA to be less hostile to get the direct shot of cold.  Of course Some -PNA may be useful in fighting off the cold/dry tendency of big -EPOs for you MA guys/gals.  Not so much for us SE weenies.

The PNA is modeled to go more neutral towards mid-month. With the - EPO , - AO, and  - NAO cold should not be a problem.  

The pattern is looking very good after the 15 th. Wave breaking may extend the - NAO. Overall should be an active and cold period between the 15 th and Christmas. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I was thinking that. In our neck of the woods, we can have too much of a good thing in that regard, but there's temperature risk for us pretty much any time and in any pattern.

7 minutes ago, Ji said:

bring what on? there aint no bit of blue for us through 240 on any model. this winter sucks ass

I did not even post about Christmas like some did, or the favorable pattern finally showing up! I take no blame this time! 

OK - Edit: I did last week! That is true! Maybe that was the domino that led to this one.. I did mention favorable pattern