Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2022

dmillz25

13 minutes ago, Monmouth_County_Jacpot said:

Western Pa. Said storms up the cost are not typical in dec. they are more typical Jan/feb

Umm, what? Today's storm is up the coast. We just got skunked with an awful previous airmass. 12/26/10, 12/6/03, 12/5/02, 12/19/09, 12/25/02, 12/30/00, 12/16/20 etc etc etc?

What a joke. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The recurring problem we've seen this early winter, in a simplistic sense, is that no shortwaves are diving far enough south. Heights are too high, the baroclinic zone is too far north, and everything moves through the Great Lakes region. I'm worried about the same thing happening for the next threat. The GEFS and GEPS have the upper level low swinging through Ontario late next week. That's far from ideal. The EC is much better, but as the clusters show, there are several members that show a similar northerly evolution. Obviously at this time frame, the ensemble means are averages of widely varying solutions. But if the upper level low doesn't dive pretty far south through the central US, we are going to have many of the same problems that we've had thus far.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

GFS OTS

CMC rain (was OTS at 12Z)

So yes a lot still on the table here.  

The 0z CMC scenario is my fear. The upper level low does not dive far enough south initially, once again taking a path through the Lakes as the past several have done. So we don't lock in the cold air and the slp is late developing. This evolution also matches this afternoon's GEFS and GEPS ensembles.

• Like 2

Just now, eduggs said:

The 0z CMC scenario is my fear. The upper level low does not dive far enough south initially, once against taking a path through the Lakes as the past several have done. So we don't lock in the cold air and the slp is late developing. This evolution also matches this afternoon's GEFS and GEPS ensembles.

I agree completely, especially after watching Bernie Raynos video. I hope he’s wrong but I’ve been watching him for years and the guy knows his shit. He’s been wrong before though, hopefully we get some east shifts over the next few runs on the ensembles. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

CMC a rainstorm. To me that's the bigger concern than a miss, but it's very early and we certainly have good potential here. 

Anything’s possible at this stage. We have a signal for a big storm which is just about all that’s given now. Minor fluctuations could mean a raging cutter driven washout and Pittsburgh blizzard or an offshore slider. 

• Like 3