• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Forecasts for 2022-2023 (Amateur and Pro welcome)

ChescoWx

12 hours ago, The Iceman said:

.75” here, worst winter in my 32 years of living around here. Worse than 18-19 which was only 1.5”. Unreal to get 2 all time ratters in 4 years…things are a changing around here.

How much in 2020 that was near equal dead ratter to this year.

21 minutes ago, RedSky said:

How much in 2020 that was near equal dead ratter to this year.

You’re right it was 19-20 not 18-19 that was the total ratter. I at least broke an inch that year, 1.5”. Seems like we have lost the marginal front end thumps lately that even in crappy winters Nickle and dime us to like 10”. Now it’s feast or famine. Either we get into a good snow pattern for a few weeks and stack the totals or winter is a complete dud with no snow at all.

On 3/17/2023 at 1:14 PM, JTA66 said:

I don't know if next year will be better, but it can it be much worse? I mean, is there a noticeable difference between .75" and snow and say .25" of snow??

I'll take 1" that sticks to all surfaces over 3" grass/car/roof toppers slop (which also counts). I guess it's how you look at it.

It sucks from our weenie standpoint but imagine how all the landscapers/snowplow people who rely on snow plowing as part of their salary. They really got screwed. I mean, they didn't even get business to salt parking lots...

30F/Sunny 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

4.75" here, all in very light events which I measured on my deck or car top.  I never had any snow that stayed on the ground for more than a day and none stuck to paved surfaces.  It was a very disappointing winter except for the savings in fuel oil.

I'm looking forward to another winter where we have a western U.S ridge instead of a persistent trough.  On the brighter side concerning this winter, California has greatly reduced it's drought conditions and northern New England's ski areas still did okay.  Both regions depend on at least normal rain/snowfall.