Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

I really grade for what I experience and for that it was a A-

got 31” in Pinkham notch and 40” plus next to Buffalo airport On my two chases (per their measurement) and the Buffalo chase will stick with me ...didn’t have any snow pack to speak of in Nashua or Bedford for any days (well actually there was 3/4 of an inch for better part of two days in KBED and ASH . Also.. honestly the mild temps for New Years felt pretty good . 

Will be hard for me to top that in January , but I’ll Likely chase something .

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I really grade for what I experience and for that it was a A-

got 31” in Pinkham notch and 40” plus next to Buffalo airport On my two chases (per their measurement) and the Buffalo chase will stick with me ...didn’t have any snow pack to speak of in Nashua or Bedford for any days (well actually there was 3/4 of an inch for better part of two days in KBED and ASH . Also.. honestly the mild temps for New Years felt pretty good . 

Will be hard for me to top that in January , but I’ll Likely chase something .

Those are two high-end chases that were nailed.  I'm not going to lie, I like the style.  Just forget about thinking about local snow and enjoy going wherever the biggest impacts will be.  Seems a lot more exciting and fun, ha.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Those are two high-end chases that were nailed.  I'm not going to lie, I like the style.  Just forget about thinking about local snow and enjoy going wherever the biggest impacts will be.  Seems a lot more exciting and fun, ha.

It’s a lot more work though lol

6 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Weather wise I would give my hood a C-   Decent snow (14ish inches). AN temps but enough cold to give me a white Christmas and for snowmakers at my hill to get things done. 

if I was still in the valley I would rate it a   A or B but for the hills c- works lol 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, weathafella said:

Final big 4 numbers for SNE:

BOS:  +1.6

BDL: +1.4

PVD:  +0.1

ORH: +3.7

The volatility made it seem a lot warmer I think.

The real AN was farther north.  While GYX/PWM were about 2° AN, CAR/Fort Kent/Van Buren were 6-7.8° and had +/-12" from the mid-month storm.  Not often when the foothills are a clear jack - even Rangeley/Jackman had 18"/11.5" while foothills totals were generally 20-28".

December stats:
Avg temp:  27.2   +5.0 and 3rd mildest of 25 Decembers
Avg max:   34.8   +4.0   Mildest day, 49 on the 30th.
Avg min:    19.6    +6.0  Coldest morning,4 on the 11th.  The 2 milder Decembers were the only others that failed to reach zero or below

Precip:   7.16"   +2.61 and 2nd only to 12/2003.  80% came in 2 events, 2.41" from the 22" storm of 16-18 and 3.25" from the 12/23 deluge.

Snow:  23.3   +4.4 and the first AN December since 2017.  The 12/23 event began with 1.2" of SN/IP and there was a tenth on the 1st, slightly adding to the big dog.

42 minutes ago, tamarack said:

The real AN was farther north.  While GYX/PWM were about 2° AN, CAR/Fort Kent/Van Buren were 6-7.8° and had +/-12" from the mid-month storm.  Not often when the foothills are a clear jack - even Rangeley/Jackman had 18"/11.5" while foothills totals were generally 20-28".

December stats:
Avg temp:  27.2   +5.0 and 3rd mildest of 25 Decembers
Avg max:   34.8   +4.0   Mildest day, 49 on the 30th.
Avg min:    19.6    +6.0  Coldest morning,4 on the 11th.  The 2 milder Decembers were the only others that failed to reach zero or below

Precip:   7.16"   +2.61 and 2nd only to 12/2003.  80% came in 2 events, 2.41" from the 22" storm of 16-18 and 3.25" from the 12/23 deluge.

Snow:  23.3   +4.4 and the first AN December since 2017.  The 12/23 event began with 1.2" of SN/IP and there was a tenth on the 1st, slightly adding to the big dog.

One would think that NAO increased your temperatures being closer to the nao ridge but rna negated suppression so you had the best of all worlds.  Not too cold and plenty of snow.

• Like 1