Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

Looks like the local ponds, lakes and streams will fully open up before this latest ++AN snap ends.

Would not mind if the warmth and RA blows out the ice jam in Farmington Falls - if that is maintained (and augmented) until cold wx arrives, it might cork the bottle of the spring ice run.

49/32 yesterday, 21° AN.  Slightly cooler this AM and probably little/no sun so more like 44/29 today for +18.  Another 20+ AN Wednesday?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

They were iced in?

My country club usually does a skating rink on the pond in front of the 18th green, but this year they're doing a New Years scramble. 

I did see some people ice fishing on a local pond near me.  That was just for one day though.   Lots of thin ice and open water 

1 hour ago, UnitedWx said:

I give December a solid B- here. 11.5 inches isn't bad for this area, just wish the warmth stayed away 

D for temp (5° AN), B+ for snow.  The total is 123% of average, which normally would be a B- month (would be A or A- for the season) but the 22" mid-month dump is the 3rd largest snowfall since we moved here in spring 1998.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

They were iced in?

My country club usually does a skating rink on the pond in front of the 18th green, but this year they're doing a New Years scramble. 

No. I meant would lose all ice. There’s small sections of the Cocheco near the mill dam that’s been frozen over. Also Willand pond the same. 

Also, watch out for the mosquitoes. They’re back apparently.

• Confused 1

I give it a D. Imby we had an advisory event that ended up a little over performer, and one of the coldest Christmas Eve/Christmas combos in decades. That said, December failed to clear the lowest of bars in producing a widespread warning event when the pattern looked excellent. 

Easy F for the porked areas

• Like 1