Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I have no memory of stuff like that. 

I remember that b/c it was HORRIFIC. It kinda of fizzled out by the time it got here, but we had a severe weather outbreak on December 1, 2006 and there was a moderate risk that just got into Connecticut. but I think that January (or even early February) saw 60's in parts of SNE and 70's into NYC. We finally got some snow later in February and I think March.

We got royally screwed with the SWFE too on Valentine's Day (Please Tip we don't need to hear the love story again). It was like 14F and sleet in West Hartford with only a few inches of snow. NNE got destroyed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

It’s a massive change in a negative direction for winter weather enthusiasts. Hopefully 00z reverts back. One more change like that and uh oh .. 

yeah, but you could make the same argument saying that it could change in a more favorable way like the GEFS this afternoon. nobody really knows

the glass half empty approach is much more prevalent here though

• Haha 1

Just now, brooklynwx99 said:

yeah, but you could make the same argument saying that it could change in a more favorable way. nobody really knows

True, maybe this just raises the stakes for a Dec 20-25 storm. Pattern cant just keep on going to crap. Or can it lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Well GEFS shows significant PAC improvement after day 7. 

Just catching up on post-Euro....seems like the PAC improvement is now inside of 10 days on all ensemble guidance...so even if we strike out in the next week or so, it looks like we'll have a good situation to work with beyond mid-month.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

yeah, but you could make the same argument saying that it could change in a more favorable way like the GEFS this afternoon. nobody really knows

Do you ever post with the thought process that things might end up with with all of us wearing rose colored glasses? I’ve never seen you post anything but frontal MILF nudity when in reality right we are more likely to see frontal  Dilf nudity 

• Thanks 6
  • Confused 3
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do you ever post with the thought process that things might end up with everything may not end up with all of us wearing rose colored glasses? I’ve never seen you post anything but frontal MILF nudity when in reality right we are more likely to see frontal  Dilf nudity 

Millennials 

lol I dunno , I heard it’s a thing with them 

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do you ever post with the thought process that things might end up with everything may not end up with all of us wearing rose colored glasses? I’ve never seen you post anything but frontal MILF nudity when in reality right we are more likely to see frontal  Dilf nudity 

I'm not so sure about that. the pattern that we're likely to enter during the second half of the month looks pretty damn good... not sure what else to say about that. all three major ensembles agree on it, and I'm pretty certain that there would be good chances for significant events

could it blow up, sure, but you can say that about literally every pattern. it's a cop-out and it's based on nothing more than anecdotes and feelings

if you'd rather be pessimistic for whatever reason, that's your prerogative, i guess

if you can actually explain why you feel the bolded above, then that's fine, but I don't think there's any actual meteorological backing behind it

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

I think there has been a lot of turd polishing over the last 3-5 days. Maybe it ends up favorably; but it’s likely going to be towards the end of the month for most outside of NNE unless one of these sloppy events over the next 10 days or so work out.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I think there has been a lot of turd polishing over the last 3-5 days. Maybe it ends up favorably; but it’s likely going to be towards the end of the month for most outside of NNE unless one of these sloppy events over the next 10 days or so work out.

the favorable window was always in the latter half of the month, though. I personally said after the 15th a couple weeks ago

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The understatement of the year!

• Weenie 3

4 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

The pretty colors are in the wrong places, but the shape of the height contours look just fine.

It's a very good pattern, the color shades are just showing the change between 00z and 12z....they aren't height anomalies. The 00z EPS was kind of ridiculous so I'm not surprised it tamed down a bit in the long range. More importantly, the 12z GEFS has a significantly better PAC by D10 and it continues to the end of the run, so we're getting some agreement now which we didn't have previously.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the favorable window was always in the latter half of the month, though. I personally said after the 15th a couple weeks ago

Maybe. I feel like the goalposts have definitely done some shifting for sure though. Late December wasn’t the original look. 

hopefully it works out, but with the way we are already falling flat on our face, I’ll reserve judgement until the good look is really close 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

I'm not so sure about that. the pattern that we're likely to enter during the second half of the month looks pretty damn good... not sure what else to say about that. all three major ensembles agree on it, and I'm pretty certain that there would be good chances for significant events

could it blow up, sure, but you can say that about literally every pattern. it's a cop-out and it's based on nothing more than anecdotes and feelings

if you'd rather be pessimistic for whatever reason, that's your prerogative, i guess

if you can actually explain why you feel the bolded above, then that's fine, but I don't think there's any actual meteorological backing behind it

Beers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1