Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

:lmao: What a tool 

The most hilarious part of the reasoning going with the anomaly map  is that the lowest anomalies were over New England from interior New Hampshire to interior MA…..

You can tell instantly that person has had almost no experience forecasting in New England. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The most hilarious part of the reasoning going with the anomaly map  is that the lowest anomalies were over New England from interior New Hampshire to interior MA…..

You can tell instantly that person has had almost no experience forecasting in New England. 

That guy is genuinely a tool. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The Pacific is definitely the biggest difference between the GFS suite and the ECMWF suite.

GFS has been screwing around with the troughs out west more aggressively than the Euro.   

Yeah GEFS brings the MJO around 5 and 6 while EPS is COD. Maybe the reason.

Remember that alot of these periods of big blocking can begin on a frustrating note...we had Boxing day hug and dry slot many to conclude a December that featured less snow than one may expect given the pattern...and March 2018 began with a pretty big bust early in the month....but these dates get forgotten given the 20 day orgy that followed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol that's wild.  That's 4 rain events to Canada on the 18z GFS and gearing up for #5 at Day 16.

There's no panic, it's just comical.

I remember when we had a massive cutter on 12/12/10 in the middle of that monster block and the meltdowns were just epic.

Stuff like “the cutter should be impossible because there’s a -NAO”. Lol. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I remember when we had a massive cutter on 12/12/10 in the middle of that monster block and the meltdowns were just epic.

They’re coming. If 12-12 is a cutter, I fully expect all hell to break loose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Remember that alot of these periods of big blocking can begin on a frustrating note...we had Boxing day hug and dry slot many to conclude a December that featured less snow than one may expect given the pattern...and March 2018 began with a pretty big bust early in the month....but these dates get forgotten given the 20 day orgy that followed.

I would call Boxing Day a major win if we get a warning level event out of this upcoming pattern . Warning snows with lollipops to 15+ 

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They’re coming. If 12-12 is a cutter, I fully expect all hell to break loose. 

You can book it. Mass weenie casualty event by the Ides of December.

The only question is whether destruction comes by a meteor hurled from a random European 12z run or from within as weenies pull knives and hunting rifles on each other in a gradient event. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1