Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I wonder what people are actually anticipating this pattern will do . We talk about being realistic in all and I know will and Scott do pretty good job doing that , I just wonder what folks will be satisfied with by New Years . 

I think I’d be satisfied with a warning level event and an advisory event—with average to BN temps overall.

Around the holiday would be best, but no Grinch would be a win in itself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I agree with him. It's not a frigid pattern.

I mentioned that two days ago and I mentioned something similar today the EPO was being kind of stingy in this thing… Seems to be abandoning the guidance - last week there was more of that with resulting -30 C 850 plume down to southern Manitoba … so yeah that’s a change in the last three days. That also changes the landscape of this thing. I mean NAO blocks are less useful if they don’t have cold air directed underneath. 

Once again the models charming us with day 12 delusional grandeur … lol

j/k     …sort of

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Personally, give me a SWFE of 6” or so, and a decent coastal of 6-8” and I’ll be more than happy. 

Just for context for the forum:

For the month of December the average snowfall is…

ORH… 11.9”

BDL… 9.1”

BOS… 7.7”

PVD… 6.6”

It would appear for most of interior SNE an 8-12” monthly total should be the expectation.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mentioned that two days ago and I mentioned something similar today the EPO was being kind of stingy in this thing… Seems to be abandoning the guidance - last week there was more of that with resulting -30 C 850 plume down to southern Manitoba … so yeah that’s a change in the last three days. That also changes the landscape of this thing. I mean NAO blocks are less useful if they don’t have cold air directed underneath. 

Once again the models charming us with day 12 delusional grandeur … lol

j/k     …sort of

I am okay with this...famous last words, but at least I know it won't be one of those powdery, subsidence queens with the coastal front pinned anywhere from scooter down to the canal. I'll take my chances on potentially playing naked twister with the coastal front and enjoying some paste.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just for context for the forum:

For the month of December the average snowfall is…

ORH… 11.9”

BDL… 9.1”

BOS… 7.7”

PVD… 6.6”

It would appear for most of interior SNE an 8-12” monthly total should be the expectation.

We are due for some good December regression juju.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

What’s this para BS?  Wasn’t the para from last year, (or year before) the normal/everyday GFS now?  So there’s another para again lol? 

They upgrade all the time and while it’s on beta it’s called para.  Typically it becomes the op eventually.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Yes it’s a good look and I’d take it a million ways from last December. But when asked how I felt about snow, I think it’s wise to approach it more conservatively for you and I. But as I said….I can see how this would be good for almost all of us too. I just don’t have the information in front of me at this moment to make that call. 

This can't be stressed enough!  Regardless of the outcome, there's definitely more chances for wintery weather coming up based on the pattern forecasted compared to the December 2021 pattern which was terrible for us.

5 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Heck, nobody knows anything other than the pattern looks very good. That’s it. That’s all anybody can say. That and there will be chances. 

And you know this…Always hedge low..you’ll win more often than not.  

Personally, give me a SWFE of 6” or so, and a decent coastal of 6-8” and I’ll be more than happy. 

mid-season form, what a mess :lol:

• Haha 1