Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

40 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Makes sense, if you look at todays EPS members, the ones that drop snow start around Day 11 or so. Hopefully in 2-4 days we get some tease rollin’

I’m sure there will be OP GFS and Euro runs in the next week days that pop fantasy storms. 

It’s funny though how much hand-wringing there is over not seeing them consistently yet. GFS has shown some modest snow events out in clown range but the angst over no KU type storms showing up reveals just how much the operational runs are dopamine for some of the forum.  

Show me something inside 6 days, and then we’ll talk. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

How much spread?  The euro with 51 members should have less influence from outliers on either side.

I was somewhat joking but you make a great point and that goes into what I mentioned in a post to Will (or maybe Ray) earlier about just taking a static ensemble image at face-value. In reality you probably also want to assess each individual member as well (but I mean who has time for this). The static ensemble mean is just giving you an averaged-look...which again can look fantastic and all but when you think of our biggest events they don't happen in a stagnant pattern...the pattern is typically evolving and morphing. Now during periods which are highly active, the pattern can be a bit more stagnant (and we have a wave train going on). I guess my point is ultimately its about the pieces and evolution of things during a short-term time scale. 

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Pattern change right on schedule around the 11/12th.  Wolfie is going to snarl just for posting the image, it’s only a joke.

152FEAB9-D075-49DC-8745-A266793FB350.thumb.png.710148c4c9d5b5588be0af93067937b5.png

Ahh whatever….he(GreenMountain) was/has been obsessing over GFS OP runs, that seems to be a waste of time imo, especially 10 plus days out.  

Like what was said earlier by some of our METS, it’s hard to find a problem with the Ensembles of both the American and European suites.  That’s a nice problem to have. 

A few of us said a couple days ago, that we’d probably be better off if the nice look took hold more in the mid December time frame, and that just may happen. Which would probably benefit most areas in SNE, rather than in early December. 

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ahh whatever….he(GreenMountain) was/has been obsessing over GFS OP runs, that seems to be a waste of time imo, especially 10 plus days out.  

Like what was said earlier by some of our METS, it’s hard to find a problem with the Ensembles of both the American and European suites.  That’s a nice problem to have. 

A few of us said a couple days ago, that we’d probably be better off if the nice look took hold more in the mid December time frame, and that just may happen. Which would probably benefit most areas in SNE, rather than in early December. 

I’m just busting your balls.  It’ll snow, won’t rain all winter. 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, tunafish said:

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

My 'confused' reaction was because you're randomly chanting USA in the December thread.  Did the NAM show something you liked?

----

34/24F

I mean only the World Cup which unless you’re living under a Tunafish how would you not know ? Even if not a sports fan 

HawJKDw.png

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I wonder what people are actually anticipating this pattern will do . We talk about being realistic in all and I know will and Scott do pretty good job doing that , I just wonder what folks will be satisfied with by New Years . 

I’d like to ask will and Scott this.

What would be an acceptable snow amount for the pattern?