Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Anyone know what year was the best December for snowfall for SNE? 

For your ‘hood, it was prob 1945. 

For northern part of SNE N of the pike, could be 1970. ORH is actually 1992 but that’s a bit deceptive since it’s almost all from that one storm. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Block links up with southeast ridge at the end. Would be a disaster if true 

Ahh ya…bring on the apocalypse.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Here’s something comPLETEly relevant to this forum. Northern perfecters of Japan look like they might get one of those OES avalanches  

Hopefully somebody catches it on video. 

• Weenie 1

This time of year is always the hardest.  Climo isn't quite yet there fully... but at the same time the calendar is moving well within the bounds of possibility of a good snowstorm.  If there's anything wrong with the pattern at all, it doesn't happen.  But it's close enough that everyone knows if things line up in the first two weeks of December there can be a healthy cold regionwide snowstorm.

Add in the fact that it's early season, anticipation is high, and a good early season period of winter keeps the "dream" of a wire-to-wire winter alive.

Personally, I have no ground to stand on to critique anyone's angst.  Ground was covered on November 16th and 11 days later, here this late afternoon/evening rain event at 35-37F (half inch so far) has finally opened up more grass than snow cover again.  We had a good run of winter, our climo isn't that much different from other areas in New England but winter often comes earlier in the NW areas and those closer to the Great Lakes (further away from the Atlantic too).

Local stations are just over 1.00" water and  9-10" snow... the ground cover lasted a while for November, because average highs during the time were still low-40s.  The next time the trough settles in the benefits will be further south.  Seasonal progression.

November_CoCoRAHS.jpg.8ca09f4223e11a7f113c620fa6f24231.jpg

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He gets rose colored glasses often times and caught up in verification of outlook. We hear for you Jer . Let’s see how things play out 

The funny part is that my outlook focuses on January, and implied a tepid NAO for December, but whatever fits your agenda. 

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Low blow man.  We know each other long enough for you to know my motives.   My original premise was that there were some hints.  But I was pretty clear that things looked pretty good.

I think you took that too personally. We have all done it and will do it again. The only reason I am not in this instance is because I have been busy finishing up decorating and yardwork..not because I am more evolved or anything. Lol

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think you took that too personally. We have all done it and will do it again. The only reason I am not in this instance is because I have been busy finishing up decorating and yardwork..not because I am more evolved or anything. Lol

I've been there too. I think last season you and I had a moment...lol. 

I'm sure you guys will move past this one.

All we need is one big storm and everyone will be best friends. Ha!