Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

2012 had like a half inch and 2017 (albeit not at 7am) had almost 3”, but yeah sort of due I suppose.

2012 was like a dusting here and 2017 was less than an inch, I’d call it more like a coating, not even sure it was measurable. This are has done well overall, but definitely in a relative screw zone for that time period. Even just NW of here did better in 2017.

A quick search says we have a white Christmas here roughly 30% of the time, so it’s been a while 

2 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Ops still look ugly. Cutter after cutter, cold, warm, wet repeat. When will these ensemble pattern runs start showing up in the sensible weather. 

Post 12/5. In between 12/5 and 12/10. The one after 12/5 maybe is a SWFE for you perhaps.  Until then it’s warm/wet/cold. Enjoy. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Things look like they got pushed back a couple days on OP Runs perhaps , didn’t dissect ENS now we back to seeing colder /stormy con day 11/12 . Hope it holds rev or pope will have a parade 

Initially it was Dec 1.. then Dec 5. Now it looks like we lost the snower on Dec 8 and we get colder Dec 10. It’s been a slow steady delay which was the worry expressed . Not that it wouldn’t change to wintry , but that everything got delayed 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Initially it was Dec 1.. then Dec 5. Now it looks like we lost the snower on Dec 8 and we get colder Dec 10. It’s been a slow steady delay which was the worry expressed . Not that it wouldn’t change ti wintry , but that everything got delayed 

Need to close the shades for the next 3 weeks

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Initially it was Dec 1.. then Dec 5. Now it looks like we lost the snower on Dec 8 and we get colder Dec 10. It’s been a slow steady delay which was the worry expressed . Not that it wouldn’t change to wintry , but that everything got delayed 

so models in the long range were off about 2 days? doesn't seem like something to get bent out of shape over

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

When was the good pattern supposed to lock in Dec 1? That’s been in the crap period almost the entire time. There was a very brief couple runs over a week ago that sort of muted the mild pattern in the first few days of Dec but it quickly reverted back to mild. 

It’s been very consistent on post-Dec 5th. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

When was the good pattern supposed to lock in Dec 1? That’s been in the crap period almost the entire time. There was a very brief couple runs over a week ago that sort of muted the mild pattern in the first few days of Dec but it quickly reverted back to mild. 

It’s been very consistent on post-Dec 5th. 

I can’t tell if these guys are joking with us or not lol .. the ensembles have been very consistent for the post Dec 4-7 shift to very favorable. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I can’t tell if these guys are joking with us or not lol .. the ensembles have been very consistent for the post Dec 4-7 shift to very favorable. 

Yep. If people want to quibble about the colder look being Dec 8-9th vs Dec 6-7th…ok that’s fine. Not sure why anyone would care about that difference 2 weeks out, but it certainly never looked like a cold pattern locked in by Dec 1-3. In fact, it’s looked quite mild during that period on like 90% of the runs in the last 7+ days. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. If people want to quibble about the colder look being Dec 8-9th vs Dec 6-7th…ok that’s fine. Not sure why anyone would care about that difference 2 weeks out, but it certainly never looked like a cold pattern locked in by Dec 1-3. In fact, it’s looked quite mild during that period on like 90% of the runs in the last 7+ days. 

I sometimes wonder if this forum is on another planet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Just stop

This is going as planned

It's funny.. I can't tell if Kev is an adult or a teenager? He has tantrums and exaggerates what's upcoming. 

With that said, things are pretty much on track. The pattern flip is still showing up.... maybe later in the second week of December. I'm not sure if we've discussed anything that was going to happen on the first week of December. Our discussion has always been late second week. Now if it gets extended out another week or if it comes a little sooner, that's typical. I am just as excited and anticipating getting some wintry weather in here as everyone else on this forum. I'm just not going to have tantrums about it being delayed or not. At least not yet lol

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

It's funny.. I can't tell if Kev is an adult or a teenager? He has tantrums and exaggerates what's upcoming. 

With that said, things are pretty much on track. The pattern flip is still showing up.... maybe later in the second week of December. I'm not sure if we've discussed anything that was going to happen on the first week of December. Our discussion has always been late second week. Now if it gets extended out another week or if it comes a little sooner, that's typical. I am just as excited and anticipating getting some wintry weather in here as everyone else on this forum. I'm just not going to have tantrums about it being delayed or not. At least not yet lol

He’s a very disturbed individual. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On a actual serious note does anyone have any visibility to how long such a better pattern would last , it always seems like a weenie trap to me that some think any change will be prolonged , and while those things are possible (and will only be known further down the road ) how long is the general favorable period good for at this point. Do we have an idea or not really . Serious question as obviously the board is looking forward to it...be it the 6’th or the 9’th . We can’t really see past the 15’th can we ?

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

On a actual serious note does anyone have any visibility to how long such a better pattern would last , it always seems like a weenie trap to me that some think any change will be prolonged , and while those things are possible (and will only be known further down the road ) how long is the general favorable period good for at this point. Do we have an idea or not really . Serious question as obviously the board is looking forward to it...be it the 6’th or the 9’th . We can’t really see past the 15’th can we ?

Probably some sort of relaxation around the holidays before a reload after the new year.