Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Let’s talk weather!

Steve

2 hours ago, sojitodd said:

Columbus officially at John Glenn got 4.8 inches of snow as of 7am.

(at least this is what I saw when I was looking at Minnesota totals and was able to move over and they had this report and 4.6 inches 2 miles east of Upper Arlington.)

Could be around 5"+ or so for the airport considering it's actually been snowing a bit all morning it seems.

Also, if not for the midnight high deal, today probably would've been Columbus' coldest day for this date in history. Clearly is going to be an afternoon high below zero, but the official high will be 33. The coldest high for the date is 11, so today would've blown that away. 

Tomorrow will probably be 1st or 2nd coldest Christmas Eve ever, as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 5:05 PM, HighTechEE said:

Welp, I just put my snow blower away for the season, used it once, AGAIN! 

My snowblower is still sitting in the back of the garage with a flat tire.   The thing is a monster, more suitable for Buffalo then CMH but I got it super cheap brand new, ($168.00 a couple of summers ago).   I was going to pull it out for the xmas eve snow but it was too damn cold and snow was like dry sand anyways.   I'm heading for the carribean for a short vacation...hopefully something delivers on Sunday so I come back to snow followed by another storm on our doorstep later in the week.    Truth be told, I'm worried next week's snow and turn to cold might be another headfake....just another batch of weakening lows and cold starved systems....hope not.  The gfs is a dumpster fire but the euro is :snowing:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, buckeye said:

My snowblower is still sitting in the back of the garage with a flat tire.   The thing is a monster, more suitable for Buffalo then CMH but I got it super cheap brand new, ($168.00 a couple of summers ago).   I was going to pull it out for the xmas eve snow but it was too damn cold and snow was like dry sand anyways.   I'm heading for the carribean for a short vacation...hopefully something delivers on Sunday so I come back to snow followed by another storm on our doorstep later in the week.    Truth be told, I'm worried next week's snow and turn to cold might be another headfake....just another batch of weakening lows and cold starved systems....hope not.  The gfs is a dumpster fire but the euro is :snowing:

Have a great vaca Buck!

6 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

Have a great vaca Buck!

thanks! 6 days of 'forget about life for awhile'.  Coming back to snow or something to track would take the edge off returning to our usual depressing climo.   So let's see what you guys can do to make that happen :).  Maybe find where Josh's magnet went, clearly he's misplaced it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, buckeye said:

thanks! 6 days of 'forget about life for awhile'.  Coming back to snow or something to track would take the edge off returning to our usual depressing climo.   So let's see what you guys can do to make that happen :).  Maybe find where Josh's magnet went, clearly he's misplaced it.

Let’s hope! This has been really bad.

Have a good trip!

I was in the carribean for the pre-Christmas snow. Maybe THAT'S what we need to get snow around here -- for someone to go to the carribean...

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much for the next couple of systems. Without much cold air around, they look like typical thread-the-needle situations. Too flat and we get nothing; too wound up and we rain. Hopefully we can hit the sweet spot with at least one of them... 

7 minutes ago, iluvsnow said:

Where the hell is everyone? NWS forecast for Dayton area is 1-3 and we at 9:45 have 5 inches and more to come. Still in the game for midweek. Wake-up....unless everyone has hybernated.

No description available.

Buckeye's on his cruise ... most of the rest have jumped ship to wxsphere. Nice to see it's pouring over there ... starting to add up here too!

• Like 2