• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2022/23 Lake Effect Snow Thread

Chicago Storm

In Williamstown, New York, which is about 25 miles northeast of Syracuse, 24 inches of snow was measured on Friday morning. In Hamburg, New York, which is about 12 miles south of Buffalo, 22.5 inches of snow was measured at one weather station Friday morning. Snowfall rates of 5 inches per hour were reported in Hamburg. According to AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Dan Pydynowski, the weather station in Hamburg recorded 2.5 inches in 30 minutes on Friday morning. In Orchard Park, which is where the Buffalo Bills football stadium is located, 18.5 inches of snow was measured Friday morning. Snowfall totals at the weather station located at Buffalo Niagara International Airport, 12.5 inches of snow has fallen.

Only picked up a couple inches last night, my office got dumped on, close to 2' overnight.

Next couple days more favorable for my area. P@C showing 23". 

Today
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around 8 inches.
Tonight
Snow showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 16. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around 2 inches.
Saturday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 24. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 4 inches.
Saturday Night
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow before 4am. Low around 17. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 7 inches.
Sunday
Snow showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around 2 inches.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Just took 11 minute jeb walk. I have loads of the thunder snow on my youtube/twitter. I was live with our local meteorologists storm chasing near the waterfront!

Noticed in the replies that news outlets want your vid for air. You giving permission? Just curious.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

My Nest cams if anyone is interested in watching

https://video.nest.com/live/JjuiXqYdoy

https://video.nest.com/live/3JG1KsHyyM

Since you are south of Buffalo, looks like you are in a jackpot. So lucky. Is that where the heaviest was supposed to set up? Not being from the area it's hard to pinpoint exact placement. 

1 minute ago, michsnowfreak said:

Since you are south of Buffalo, looks like you are in a jackpot. So lucky. Is that where the heaviest was supposed to set up? Not being from the area it's hard to pinpoint exact placement. 

Yeah I'd say I'm pretty close to the jackpot zone. Band looks stationary. I expect over 70" before it drifts north, then drifts south later tomorrow.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Just took 11 minute jeb walk. I have loads of the thunder snow on my youtube/twitter. I was live with our local meteorologists storm chasing near the waterfront!

really incredible man. I imagine the adrenaline rush from an event like this is off the charts. Keep the footage coming.