• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA/Western PA Fall/Winter Discussion 2022-23

37 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Our Ohio friends out west are reporting snow at 37 degrees so this might indicate that the cold air is winning. The reverse of the WTOD. 

Hopefully, would be nice if some of the liquid models show is actually wet snow. 

I think the slower the low is to deepen the further east it makes it before cutting North so any trend in that should help us. Prior when it was a blizzard for Chicago the further west was better due to it already undergoing intense deepening.

3 hours ago, Ahoff said:

What's the record low wind chill for Pittsburgh?  Accuweather has tomorrow's low as -1 and the real feel at that time as -36.  That's amazingly cold.  Can't find wind chill records though.

HRRR still plunging temps.  Down to -8 tomorrow night into 12/24.  Wind chill to -32.

Not sure on the -36, NWS seems to think those types of numbers will be in the ridges. Last time for -20 -25 per NWS discussion was 2019.

The
last time Pittsburgh observed wind chills in the -20F range was
January 30-31 2019.

I'm going to bed soon, but doing one last look into the modeling. Honestly, I am feeling better about this burst of snow. Most models have come up today and the NAM (I know, its the NAM) is showing remnant snow pivoting through christmas eve. Would make for the perfect festive scene. 

I'll be up early. See everyone then!

12 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

The change over was kinda meh.

We’ll see how it plays out though. 

Yea definitely not very impressive. I have some snow falling, but it isn't much. Front hit my house about 5:10 am. Went from 40° to 32° in the last 40 minutes. Winds sound impressive.  Gusting to 30 mph at my house. 

• Like 1