• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Historic Lake Effect Event?! 11/17-11/21

On 11/16/2022 at 8:07 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

Everyone likes the discord more than here. Might just be me posting on here for this storm. I love to look back at all the pics/videos years from now.

Can I just say thank you for documenting this event.  I've been perusing the thread the past few days to catch up on the 27 pages of the event... and with your obs, posts, photos, videos, the event really comes to life.  Much appreciated.  Glad we have someone in the key spot for south town lake effect storms.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Can I just say thank you for documenting this event.  I've been perusing the thread the past few days to catch up on the 27 pages of the event... and with your obs, posts, photos, videos, the event really comes to life.  Much appreciated.  Glad we have someone in the key spot for south town lake effect storms.

Really appreciate this! We would of had a lot more posters but everyone kind of relegated to our discord, it's much easier to post pics/vids on there than here and easier to use. For these big events I love looking back at them so really wanted to post here as much as I could. Hoping this winter brings a few more big events!

• Like 1

Nov 14/Nov 22 stand at the top for me. 2014 had whiteouts like I've never seen before and 2022 had constant thundersnow for hours and hours lighting up the night sky. 

Oct 2006

Dec 2001

Dec 1995

Dec 2010

These are just in my lifetime. Obviously Blizzard of 1977 is still # 1. Also Blizzard of 1985. There was also a storm in the late 40s with 70"+ of snow across most of central/southern Erie county. Have to pull out the buffalo snowstorm book, some incredible ones in there. 

This was a good one too, if lake wasn't frozen would have been an all timer. Had blizzard conditions, gusts over 50 MPH consistently and temps in the single digits. 

https://www.weather.gov/buf/lesEventArchive?season=2013-2014&event=G

42" in east aurora which matched Dec 2010 total. All timer for Tug. 

https://www.weather.gov/buf/lesEventArchive?season=2006-2007&event=L

Another one not talked about much, almost 4' maxes off both lakes. "

Which allowed the 
plows to begin the dig-out from an event that dropped over two-feet 
of fresh snow over portions of the Buffalo Southtowns in only 6 to 8 
hours. 

https://www.weather.gov/buf/lesEventArchive?season=2016-2017&event=E

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...