• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Season's first ...albeit minor, synoptic event late Tuesday in the Mid Atlantic ... New England on Wednesday

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It doesn’t though… And I can explain why it only seems that way but nobody really wants to listen or gonna care

9/10 times when everyone tosses the nam because it’s the warmest model, it is right. Doesn’t mean it will be all the time like today, but it does do well. Not sure today purely qualifies as the typical warm tongue type event though. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

9/10 times when everyone tosses the nam because it’s the warmest model, it is right. Doesn’t mean it will be all the time like today, but it does do well. Not sure today purely qualifies as the typical warm tongue type event though. 

I argue that the Nam has a Northwest biased much of the time so it’s the apt model that picks up a warm solution when it happens because it happen to be Northwest -  that’s what I’m saying it’s right for the wrong reasons?

I’ve always thought so and today? Yeah I kind of agree with you anyway I don’t even know if today really qualifies. 

This is so far a little mini positive bust based on guidance probably underestimating the cold air for some reason. We’re also doing some hydroscopic feedback

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I argue that the Nam has a Northwest biased much of the time so it’s the apt model that picks up a warm solution when it happens because it happen to be Northwest -  that’s what I’m saying it’s right for the wrong reasons?

I’ve always thought so and today? Yeah I kind of agree with you anyway I don’t even know if today really qualifies. 

This is so far a little mini positive bust based on guidance probably underestimating the cold air for some reason. We’re also doing some hydroscopic feedback

I know what you mean by NW bias, but I think it does well overall with the warm intrusions. For instance I don’t notice a NW bias when it shows this….maybe if anything is actually depicts the surface low as it should….following the  path of least resistance near coast vs going inland. 
However, I’ve noticed that given similar low placements on guidance, it seems to handle warm air intrusions aloft better….800mb and above stuff. 

I think this is working out close to HRRR and other guidance that had snow start near CT coast from a good burst. However sleet like racing north so I’m not sure we see a big + bust? Unless you bought the nam haha.

• Like 2