• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Season's first ...albeit minor, synoptic event late Tuesday in the Mid Atlantic ... New England on Wednesday

Typhoon Tip

Touchy mid levels with weak primary going to W NY . Surface low also goes over SE SNE so milder side of envelope . Nam looks like less than advisory for those outside N VT on the maps I see (with exception of a couple N white mountain spots and the allegash of far N Maine and nam nails mid levels in these setups very well. Euro been pushing NW with mid level warming last few cycles . Clown maps are pointless in these set ups .

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Touchy mid levels with weak primary going to W NY . Surface low also goes over SE SNE so milder side of envelope . Nam looks like less than advisory for those outside N VT on the maps I see (with exception of a couple N white mountain spots and the allegash of far N Maine and nam nails mid levels in these setups very well. Euro been pushing NW with mid level warming last few cycles . Clown maps are pointless in these set ups .

Very meh solution on euro. That model is a mess.

27 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Made it down to 19°F this am, Won't have any bearing as far as keeping the cold around today into tomorrow, Its a furnace aloft on models and just looks like maybe a mix of 1" or so.

That’s ok..N. Aroostook did well yesterday, and will do decent tomorrow it seems. These are from yesterday…They’re off and running:thumbsup:

6BC6167D-F099-4E0F-945E-6052ACC18129.jpeg

33A5C7BA-E6AC-4C08-BFE4-8C6CD79FF7A5.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Made it down to 19°F this am, Won't have any bearing as far as keeping the cold around today into tomorrow, Its a furnace aloft on models and just looks like maybe a mix of 1" or so.

Was still breezy at 11 last evening when I was out with the dog, and evidently didn't calm down until too late, so the low here was 22, just 2° BN.  That's coldest of the season but we're the farthest into fall without seeing 20° or lower here, 25 years POR.  Not often we're 7° milder than IZG.  Yesterday the afternoon max was 34 with gusts to 30, feeling extra sharp after the muggy 60s.
Snow trend is moving in the wrong direction, too.  Yesterday afternoon Farmington was shown with 58% chance of 4"+.  This morning it's 24%.  I won't be surprised if the current 1-3" forecast turns out to 1/2" of gray mush.

• Like 1