• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Season's first ...albeit minor, synoptic event late Tuesday in the Mid Atlantic ... New England on Wednesday

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Simsbury is not snowy dude .. lol. It’s a valley town . NW of Hotford .. but enjoy the retention after screamers 

I guess you haven't taken many trips to Simsbury. Maybe the southwestern side of simsbury is in the valley but a lot of simsbury is in the hills and higher up. They do get a fair amount of snow. 

Maybe you need.. "More Beer " lol

10 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I guess you haven't taken many trips to Simsbury. Maybe the southwestern side of simsbury is in the valley but a lot of simsbury is in the hills and higher up. They do get a fair amount of snow. 

Maybe you need.. "More Beer " lol

I’ve actually spent a lot of time there . What’s the highest point in town not associated with Talcott Ridge ?

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Final fall leaf mow up complete. So nice knowing no more yard work for season. Amazing  how green lawns are. High if 38… it was frigid on the tractor even in full winter gear. Today we green , tomorrow night we whiten 

UEhQGHM.jpg

For a year that was tough on lawns, yours looks good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, klw said:

For a year that was tough on lawns, yours looks good.

I had to reseed many areas in early September. In fact.. if you look along the curb.. that is all new grass. It never came back . You can see the areas of lighter green grass where it’s new grass .  The rains finally came in mid - late Aug but damage had been done 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

That average snowfall map is horrific. 

I wish I averaged 50-60 a year. Given the last four, I’m wondering if I average 30 :lol: 

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I had to reseed many areas in early September. In fact.. if you look along the curb.. that is all new grass. It never came back . You can see the areas of lighter green grass where it’s new grass .  The rains finally came in mid - late Aug but damage had been done 

I asked in the lawn thread, but am I cutting at the lowest setting with the final mow? It’s been work trying to get grass to grow out front and I don’t want to kill it.

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I wish I averaged 50-60 a year. Given the last four, I’m wondering if I average 30 :lol: 

I asked in the lawn thread, but am I cutting at the lowest setting with the final mow? It’s been work trying to get grass to grow out front and I don’t want to kill it.

Absolutely. I dropped the blades to 3” today.  It allows any leaves to blow into neighbors yards but more importantly.. grass blades get covered much faster in snow once ground freezes and lawn goes dormant and brown and blades naturally drop to like 1.5”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Anything completely covering the grass at this time of year is a huge win given the record warmth the past couple weeks.  1.5-2” usually gets it done on the grass for that wintry vibe.

Taking the under here. No complaints though. Flakes or pingers would be nice.