Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2022/23 Short/Medium Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

37 minutes ago, mimillman said:

Had to leave the floor in the middle of the trading day for this one 

FC18D9BC-7BC5-4298-BA64-B0722C8E0D2E.jpeg

My brother who lives in lincoln park chicago for some reason thought he was included in the snowstorm the other day. When we were sending pictures (family group text) he was like wow that's crazy the storm was a dud here. Now today he just sends, "we had more snow today than we had in that storm".

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Had some good squalls here too. Dropped 0.8" of snow as temperatures warmed from 26 to 36 so its compacting/melting. The solid snow pack continues to be Snowman/snowfort heaven.

Had a couple decent squalls here, but again missed out on the better/wider bands. Going with 0.5" since midnight. Nice to see snow on snow even if small. Was hitting pretty good after work with car thermo at 29F (it reads a deg or two high I noticed). Cold snow for the first time in a month. Noticed snow blowing off the roof of the industrial building across the street at work. Didn't have anything like that last winter. If it happened, it wasn't on a work day. 

13 hours ago, RogueWaves said:

Had a couple decent squalls here, but again missed out on the better/wider bands. Going with 0.5" since midnight. Nice to see snow on snow even if small. Was hitting pretty good after work with car thermo at 29F (it reads a deg or two high I noticed). Cold snow for the first time in a month. Noticed snow blowing off the roof of the industrial building across the street at work. Didn't have anything like that last winter. If it happened, it wasn't on a work day. 

I remember quite a few days with blowing snow last winter but like you said, all depends on if you were at work or not. Would be cool to see it blowing off a big building like that. Actually last February had a couple of good storms. Including the one on the 2nd and 3rd. I don't care how short of initial expectations it was, we still had 8 to 9" of snow on the ground February 4th. And then of course the Winter before was even better with snow getting up to 14" deep in mid February.  The last few winters certainly had periods of highs and lows but overall I don't have complaints unlike others on here. A more widespread blah winter like this one makes you appreciate the average snow seasons more lol.

Fwiw

Days this winter with "blowing snow" at DTW
Nov 18
Nov 19
Dec 23
Dec 24
Jan 27

Days last winter with "blowing snow" at DTW
Jan 2
Feb 2
Feb 3
Feb 17