Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2022/23 Short/Medium Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.2x.h473.w710.webp

TO BE FAIR we moved into our house two months ago yesterday, and once I blew the leaves off it was way more green

hahahahaha joking aside i will probably kill this lawn more than our current winter will. i haven't done anything but step on it occasionally and it looks better than when we moved in.

• Like 1

00Z NAM pushes Sunday light  event south and east from previous runs. 
That's mainly phantom dry air issues from a quick glance at stuff. If the Euro mostly holds, think 1-2" locally maybe 3" in highest swath. I had a point max of 2.2" in the CWA today near I-88 corridor.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago WX said:

Saturday/Sunday event has the look of a north trender. LOT talking rain possibility for here. Regardless, should be some nice banding with this one. I-80 on north looks prime for a decent system. Probably need to fire up a thread soon.

Definitely has the potential for a long duration event for somewhere in the vicinity. 

Definitely the most active pattern since November in these parts. Four inches tomorrow, 1" Thursday, 1" Friday and possibly 4" Saturday night/Sunday. It won't be 10" on the ground due to compaction but it'll at least look like a proper January. And the extended looks good too. 

And maybe it’s voo doo meteorology, but we’ve had a few medium range modeled hits that went to hell in the short range. Why not try something different and reel one in from the south. :D

Either way, system looks like it could be messy with zones of snow, mix, and rain…wherever it ends up falling.

On 1/24/2023 at 1:11 PM, sbnwx85 said:

Definitely the most active pattern since November in these parts. Four inches tomorrow, 1" Thursday, 1" Friday and possibly 4" Saturday night/Sunday. It won't be 10" on the ground due to compaction but it'll at least look like a proper January. And the extended looks good too. 

7 hours ago, mimillman said:

Outside of an overperformer this weekend, what could have been a promising stretch has been lackluster. The extended looks wholly unremarkable

huh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sbnwx85 said:

Two days ago it looked like there could be a decent system in the Great Lakes in the middle of next week. Now both GFS and Euro have a big Canadian high traversing the area. 

The northern stream dominates.  The good energy gets stuck in the sw US and then strung out across the south.

• Like 1