Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2022-2023 Winter Discussion

JoMo

47 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Still holding at 32 here, very hard to measure as it compacts down quick. The car has almost 4" on it now, Abt 3.5" on the ground. It's let up a while ago to light snow, more to come? And amber, sorry you didn't get any snow :(

About the same here with temp holding at 31.9 and snow total about  3.5  to  4" depending where I measure  . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Chimes, AR sitting at 1800 ft in Van Buren Co with the report of 12" and more to come.   Crazy. 

Insane! It started coming down Abt 40 minutes ago here, nearly whiteout lol. Transformers popping everywhere lighting the sky up. I'd say close to 6" here now maybe a smidge more man. Lots of tree branches snapping from the weight, the last time I witnessed snow this intense and heavy was in Missouri when we got that 25" of snow in 10 hours. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Not sure what they were predicting for here but sounds right. I know you said earlier it finally started snowing up there, how much do u have now? 

Still coming down here, close to 7" now imby

Probably like 1/2-3/4" of melty slush. 

32 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

I can only imagine how much this would have been if it was much colder! We hovered right around 32-33 the whole time. Same here though, heavy slushy snow. 

Yep, everything has to come together just right for this area and there was just enough cold air around. The really cold stuff might be here by next Mon or so and we'll see what happens. 

Still snowing at a good clip here along the Mississippi.

Roads seem to be okay thanks to repeated plowing and marginal temps.

Hope a spotter stayed up in the middle of the night and took good measurements.

All the compacting from this heavy slushy snow makes it impossible for me to be accurate.

Should make for lovely pictures after sunrise though!

7 hours ago, JoMo said:

So the GGEM/Euro did the best while the NAM was just awful like usual, right?

I'll admit, I fell hook, line and sinker for the NAM. Especially once the 3KM NAM got within 48 hours and it was pumping out 3-5" totals for S KS. And for a time yesterday, it looked like we were going to get that...but, marginal temps means just more moisture in the ground. 

30 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

Measured 5” in Bentonville.  Also have one minor tree limb that snapped.  

There's close to 5" here in Bella Vista.  So much was compacted.  I kept cleaning off my truck and it would fill back in.   We had at least 6-7" fall after dark but at a temp of 33 there's only about 5 now. 

1 minute ago, MoWeatherguy said:

There's close to 5" here in Bella Vista.  So much was compacted.  I kept cleaning off my truck and it would fill back in.   We had at least 6-7" fall after dark but at a temp of 33 there's only about 5 now. 

Nice, I was up late and measured just shy of 7" here but like everyone said so much compaction was occuring who knows what we really got. 32-33 all night here too, if it had been colder we would have been buried in some fluffy snow depth!! 

33 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Nice, I was up late and measured just shy of 7" here but like everyone said so much compaction was occuring who knows what we really got. 32-33 all night here too, if it had been colder we would have been buried in some fluffy snow depth!! 

Without a doubt.  This would've easily been the biggest snow here in at least 10 yrs.

8 hours ago, JoMo said:

So the GGEM/Euro did the best while the NAM was just awful like usual, right?

I would say the foreign models did the best.  But in all fairness, even the US models were realistic on the estimated snow depth all along.  They all showed less than 6" depth, which is close.  It's just the US models, namely the HRRR and NAM, had crazy 10:1 ratios,  unlike the GEM, Euro, and Ukie.