• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2022-2023 Winter Discussion

JoMo

Man this would have been a pretty epic snow here had the temps been just a degree or 2 colder. That band of snow set up shop right over SC KS for the past 2 hours but at 33.4deg at my place it just can't accumulate much. Not over yet, but it's always something...I'll take the moisture at least. 

• Like 1

I don't know what happened, but Mike Collier just did a live Facebook and stated Tulsa will be lucky to get an inch. We were in a donut hole, literally. I haven't seen a flake today. I guess the storm tracked too far south?? :facepalm: Any ideas what happened besides being too warm? Was is dry air?

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, ouamber said:

I don't know what happened, but Mike Collier just did a live Facebook and stated Tulsa will be lucky to get an inch. We were in a donut hole, literally. I haven't seen a flake today. I guess the storm tracked too far south?? :facepalm: Any ideas what happened besides being too warm? Was is dry air?

Looks like you'll still get snow, but farther south storm track and precip rates that were unable to cause a changeover with the first part of the system. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Holding at 32.8 here, been snowing fairly heavily for an hour or so now. So heavy of snow it's sticking to everything, wet slushy snow. I'd love to see this temp drop at least another degree 

Still nothing here in BV.  I think we'll bust low here.   Taking too long to change over.   KNWA now talking about a dry slot that might affect us later as well.  You never know what's going to happen once these things get going. 

6 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Holding at 32.8 here, been snowing fairly heavily for an hour or so now. So heavy of snow it's sticking to everything, wet slushy snow. I'd love to see this temp drop at least another degree 

Being at 32.8 vs 31.8 probably wont make a huge difference once the sun sets. Accumulation should really pick up once the sun goes down 

6 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Still nothing here in BV.  I think we'll bust low here.   Taking too long to change over.   KNWA now talking about a dry slot that might affect us later as well.  You never know what's going to happen once these things get going. 

So crazy man usually things do the opposite and it's doing nothing here but up there it is lol. Hopefully we don't get dry slotted!!! It's that type of snow that just compacts down so fast. Haven't seen flakes this large in a very long time though so it's cool to see

Temp 31.8  snowing moderately . Accumulation 1" so far .  It took longer than I thought for the transition from light rain/sleet  to all snow but it is cranking currently .    Now that the temp hit freezing the  snow should start mounting up quickly ....I hope . Too bad the snow  is coming down at night as I would have loved seeing this during the day but we are happy (ecstatic )  non the less . :D

• Like 1