Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discobs 2022

George BM

13 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

rain and 38. Would be so much nicer if that were snow and 34.  Neighbor says a few sleet pellets around noon. 

Yeah it was around then when I saw them too. Was 35 and pouring rain when I got home from dance last night. Gross. 1.28” total 

• Like 1

My CoCoRaHS report from this morning, hopefully NOT a prelude to this coming winter....

Gauge Catch 0.84 in.
Notes At 7 am it is cloudy, temp 38.0 degrees, dew point 33.7 degrees, B. pressure 30.06 and steady, wind W at 8 gusting to 18 mph, visibility 10 miles. High 39.3 degrees, low 31.6 degrees. A freezing rain/sleet mix to start for a short period in early morning with no accumulation turned to a steady rain and 32.5-33.3 degree day. Temps rose overnight to the high around 6 am and it became breezy.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Some places got a legit dusting overnight 

Not too surprised by that.  The elevation can change pretty quickly driving up Hamburg road to the top of Gambrill.  My ears usually pop during that drive (I live nearby and mtb there quite a bit).  Didn't see anything on the ground here, but I'm only at 300-400 ft and judging by the radar I was probably right on the southern edge of it.

I could do without the cold/wind, but the sun is helping.  If that's the new pattern, that would be a marked improvement over adding clouds to the equation (which seems like was the case more often than not last Winter/early Spring).  The latter makes me want to consider moving out West lol.  Long story short, cold/wind >>> clouds/cold/wind.

The current satellite imagery is an exact replica of last year.  Sunny skies to the south with a stream of clouds rolling in from the nw across northern md.  Must be a La Nina thing with the combo of the jet stream alignment and just being closer to the Appalachians/Great Lakes.  Every time I looked at the satellite last year it seemed like the Upper Midwest and interior NE was typically cloudy with debris clouds across the mid-atlantic.

• mappy unpinned this topic