Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discobs 2022

George BM

On 11/8/2022 at 9:53 AM, IronTy said:

Bummer I'm going to Meadow Mountain friday-monday.   Hope I can get the tent up before it's a complete deluge.  Gonna be running the Russian Bear Stove all weekend I have a feeling.  

We’ll be there Thursday night til Sunday. I wouldn’t be surprised to see light upslope snow showers Sunday morning.  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, IronTy said:

G is packed up and ready to leave tomorrow morning.  I really hope we can get our tent set up before the heavy rain moves in.  GFS really likes the upslope snow on sat-mon.  

Just got here. Safe travels and hope it holds off for you too. Looking forward to some snow. 

50/47 for the obligatory ob. 

I alway consider November 11 the period where we can start watching for snow….took 4 hours to travel from University of MD College Park to Greenbelt that day when surprise snowstorm hit….cars were abandoned all along my route home….thunder snow fell fast and furious.  One of the most memorable storms of my life so far…

E3519518-501F-4FBE-8C80-72E488B1E759.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Weather Will said:

I alway consider November 11 the period where we can start watching for snow….took 4 hours to travel from University of MD College Park to Greenbelt that day when surprise snowstorm hit….cars were abandoned all along my route home….thunder snow fell fast and furious.  One of the most memorable storms of my life so far…

Also on this day in 1995 a very wicked front blew through, temps dropped from 60s to 30s.  Frequent TS gusts near 70 in many places.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Weather Will said:

Remember that storm well.  Lived in the purple area at the time.  Got 17".  Took my colleague and I seven hours to get home to Lorton from downtown DC.  Had to pull pine trees off the Mt. Vernon Pkwy by having 13 people pile into and on top of his Isuzu Trooper for weight.  Very memorable experience.  The thundersnow was intense.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Weather Will said:

Just incredible.  I was in college in Tallahassee and my parents called to tell me about a huge snowstorm.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing!  We had some dull winters during my HS years in southern MD then soon after I leave Jan 1987 and Nov 1987 happened LOL

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nj2va said:

Just got here. Safe travels and hope it holds off for you too. Looking forward to some snow. 

50/47 for the obligatory ob. 

Holy shit we're driving up 270 right now and it's friggen miserable.  Heavy heavy rain.   Camp is gonna be an underwater mud pit.  Looks like it might become more spotty in another hour or two...hopefully. 

E3519518-501F-4FBE-8C80-72E488B1E759.thumb.jpeg.bf6338adf1016229c0c060c8283bcf26.jpeg
I was at work, listening to WTOP as they'd try to catch up: "1 to 3 inches expected... 2-4 inches expected.... 4-8 inches expected...."
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know it's about to get cold (although we'll see if downtown / DCA actually get a freeze), but the first part of this month has been insane:

Nov 1: 76/57
Nov 2: 71/53
Nov 3: 72/51
Nov 4: 75/52
Nov 5: 79/62
Nov 6: 79/66
Nov 7: 81/59
Nov 8: 62/49
Nov 9: 61/45
Nov 10: 70/48
Nov 11: 71/63 (so far)

• Like 3