Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discobs 2022

George BM

• mappy pinned this topic
33 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I agree about timing, but how can we make ANY claims about how November will end up when we're two days into the month?

It may end up being average if the LR guidance is correct and a shift in the pattern is underway around mid month. The last third of the month could be cooler than average. Ofc we just cant know yet.

8 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m using the heat pumps as long as possible this year. I’ll fire up the oil furnace only when it’s below 40 consistently.

Mine locks out at 32F and the burner has run a few times this season already.  The sensor is too close to ground and tends to read low, perhaps it's time to drop the temp to 25F.

7 hours ago, WeatherShak said:

I just spent 10k converting to natural gas. Figured about a third of that will hopefully be saved in the cost I would have spent on oil this winter.

Went from 70 percent efficient furnace to 96.

I wish we could get natural gas here!  Of course where things are going it too, could be heading very high.

Next system will probably be a combination of geothermal and minisplit as I know many in the trade and can get deals that would make ROI shorter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WeatherShak said:

I just spent 10k converting to natural gas. Figured about a third of that will hopefully be saved in the cost I would have spent on oil this winter.

Went from 70 percent efficient furnace to 96.

Natural gas prices could get pretty expensive short term....from all the gas fired power plants supporting the heavy air conditioner use this weekend....

• mappy unpinned this topic