Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

US should beat Iran though, right?? Obviously a draw or win today is much preferred, but as long as they don’t get crushed against England and then beat Iran, they should advance on goal differential?

On paper, yes. USA ranked 16th and Iran 20th. But as Yoda quoted, the USA has 4 starters with yellow cards. This usually means they have to play cautiously lest they receive another card. And England is formidable. 

Iran knows they only have to tie at best if Wales ties or loses to England. They could play a very defensive game, clogging up the midfield and backline, relying on the occasional counterattack.

A tie today would be huge!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, yoda said:

Current standings

England 4pts  +4

Iran 3 pts -2

USA 2pts 0

Wales 1pt -2

Basically for the US -- win and advance.  Loss or tie and go home

It should be win and advance for USMNT against Iran. Got to beat somebody and this is the team they should win against. Let’s gooo!!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

It should be win and advance for USMNT against Iran. Got to beat somebody and this is the team they should win against. Let’s gooo!!

If you told me that we’d have a “win against Iran and you’re through” scenario going into this tournament, I’d have happily taken that option.

Iran will be a tough game, but we have to be confident after the England match….and with such a young team I can see us going into it with a really positive attitude.

15 hours ago, MacChump said:

If you can’t win a single game in your group then you probably don’t really deserve to move on. US played well today and I expect them to beat Iran. 

We looked fantastic yesterday. I feel really good about Tuesday, but of course my optimism is very guarded.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Gazing into next month- the Counting Crows come to mind

A long December and there's reason to believe

Maybe this year will be better than the last

hoping we dont have to bring up Raining in Baltimore, although the song is quite fitting the last couple years, round here.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

How many TD passes does Lamar have in the last 4+ games? 2?

QBs on bad teams manage to throw 1 or 2 by accident lol. Fucking Roman is bad but the receivers are also nonexistent.

He missed one today and that drop by Andrews was awful 

• mappy unpinned this topic