Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2022

George BM

15 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Team looks different with him in the line up.

Now we need Wilson, and Orlov back.

Hopefully Backstrom at some point.

This was encouraging news from practice yesterday: https://novacapsfans.com/2022/11/23/t-j-oshie-set-to-return-dmitry-orlov-participates-in-morning-skate-nicklas-backstrom-participates-in-non-contact-jersey-notes-from-wednesdays-morning-skate/amp/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

Wales getting some luck so far this game... Iran has hit the left post and right post a few minutes ago... and had a goal ruled out by VAR for offside.  60th minute and its 0-0 still... US would benefit greatly if it stayed 0-0

Good news certainly.  Let’s hope it holds.

US pretty much forced into having to win against England after Iran's win.  A loss of any kind would basically kill their chances to advance IMO -- England would be guaranteed to advance with a win at 6 points.  Iran would be at 3 points with game against US upcoming.  Wales is at 1 point with game against England upcoming.  Wales will be desperate for a win against England to have any chance. but I can't really see Wales beating England.  Then again, I didn't really give or see Iran a real chance at a win against Wales, so who knows.  Iran would simply need a tie against the US to advance if England defeats the US. 

Let's just say that England wins later by a score of 2-1:

England 6

Iran 3

US 1

Wales 1

England is guaranteed to advance to R16 (basically any kind of win against the US and they advance to R16).  Iran has a GD of -2.  US would have a GD of -1.  Wales has a GD of -2. 

If England beats Wales or ties Wales, Wales is eliminated.  Wales now has to beat England to have any chance of advancing.  A US loss or tie to Iran would eliminate the US.  If the US beats Iran and the Wales beats England, US would have to have a better GD to advance

13 minutes ago, yoda said:

US pretty much forced into having to win against England after Iran's win.  A loss of any kind would basically kill their chances to advance IMO -- England would be guaranteed to advance with a win at 6 points.  Iran would be at 3 points with game against US upcoming.  Wales is at 1 point with game against England upcoming.  Wales will be desperate for a win against England to have any chance.  Iran would simply need a tie against the US to advance if England defeats the US. 

US should beat Iran though, right?? Obviously a draw or win today is much preferred, but as long as they don’t get crushed against England and then beat Iran, they should advance on goal differential?

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

US should beat Iran though, right?? Obviously a draw or win today is much preferred, but as long as they don’t get crushed against England and then beat Iran, they should advance on goal differential?

We would think so... but with this WC, who knows?  I edited my post above with a scenario.  But in your scenario listed above, as long as Wales doesn't beat England, then US would advance with 4 points as Iran would have 3 and Wales would be at 1

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

We would think so... but with this WC, who knows?  I edited my post above with a scenario.  But in your scenario listed above, as long as Wales doesn't beat England, then US would advance with 4 points as Iran would have 3 and Wales would be at 1

Right, it assumes Wales loses to England.

• mappy unpinned this topic