• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2022

George BM

So it appears the word of this winter is...RELOAD!!!  It's like AMPED from years ago for the January 2016 blizzard.  Maybe we need @stormtracker to do what he did before, automatically change "reload" to "randytastic" whenever anyone used that term (I think that's what he did for "amped" back in 2016)!

@WxWatcher007...all those photos and videos are amazing, thanks for sharing that experience!  Takes me back to when I was in northeast Ohio growing up, all those lake effect storms.  We didn't have anything like what the Buffalo area is getting now, but I know you can easily get several inches within a couple of hours from those lake bands.  And it was crazy how you could drive from the downtown Cleveland area or the west side of town where it was cold and mostly clear and some snow on the ground...to a blizzard and whiteout just southeast and east of town.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Repainted the snow board with semigloss to help reflect more sunlight. Just need to refill the liquid N2 tank and it will be ready for winter!

A good start no doubt. I've refined my strategy this year. In addition to shoveling all my neighbors' snow into my yard, I have a nice tilt trailer that can haul 3 tons of snow so I'll import from Smith Mtn this year. @psuhoffmanwill be very jealous of my very legit snow totals this year. Mappy will need a new color for my rockville yard. Yolo time 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

A good start no doubt. I've refined my strategy this year. In addition to shoveling all my neighbors' snow into my yard, I have a nice tilt trailer that can haul 3 tons of snow so I'll import from Smith Mtn this year. @psuhoffmanwill be very jealous of my very legit snow totals this year. Mappy will need a new color for my rockville yard. Yolo time 

So when does the Chill Ski and Tobogganing Resort open?? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Well, in the words of Ricky Bobby.... "If you ain't first, you're last"! 

Ugly win, but a win.

Lamar was efficient passing, despite the pass limited offensive 'scheme' of you know who.

Good news is the defense is trustworthy again, and might be on the way to being a dominant unit(they will need to be).

Bad news- Roman is still the OC, and Stanley appears to have reinjured his twice surgically repaired ankle. Hoping for the best for him.

• Like 3

A travesty the offense looked so inefficient with so much time to rest players and prepare for an inferior team at home. Lamar won't sniff MVP numbers in this offense, so I guess that works in the favor of the Raven's front office in negotiations. When Caldwell was in the building a few weeks ago, they should have made him an offer he couldn't refuse. He took over for a shitty OC and a struggling offense in mid season once, and they won a SB. Made Flacco look like Joe Montana, and earned him the big payday. A 7-3 record and a fairly easy schedule going forward can lure you into thinking this team can go deep into the playoffs, but it won't happen unless the D is historically good. This offense is not equipped to beat the Chiefs or Bills. Best case is we get Gus and Dobbins back and can dominate on the ground and use the TEs ala 2019. That formula didn't get them far in the post season though.

You see how COLD November is in the mid atlantic?

You want to know what Winter will be like. All you need to know, is this:

The winter will remember November. 

I am sure I have cited the above saying wrong, but you get my drift.

We are going to get many bitter cold troughs this winter. It is going to be severely cold at times. Storms will get timed, and snows will pile up. This is not going to be a mild winter, not even where I now live. I have gotten spoiled to death by mild winters. How do you get unspoiled? You get into the freezer or get thrown out into the trash dumpster. We just spent 2 weeks below normal even down here. This wont be the last monster freezing cold trough here in the Southwest. I think this winter down here in Texas is going to be several orders of magnitude more severe, than Feb 2021 was.

Don't you ever forget that the Jebman was the very first to warn you about how horribly bad the winter of 2022-23 is going to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• mappy unpinned this topic