mph.

With this update will shift the axis of heaviest snow off
Lake Erie a few miles southward. Areas to the north of the City
of Buffalo and the airport will likely receive little to no
additional accumulation through the day. The heaviest snow will
be along a line from Lackawanna and Hamburg inland towards West
Seneca and Cheektowaga and Lancaster.

11 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

So if I read radar right downtown Buffalo and just north of there not really anything but just south of downtown absolutely snow obliterated.

These cutoffs are insane. You go from nothing to feet of snow in just a few miles. I’ve been on the right side of the line so far. Haven’t gone back outside yet. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, mappy said:

Are there chances of a quick passing shower today? A met on WBAL this am was saying snow could move through this evening. 

Yeap. A disturbance w/ associated cold front will pass through this afternoon/evening a few light showers/snow showers could form near the front. The further north and east you are the better the chances of you getting hit by a brief shower or two.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, George BM said:

Yeap. A disturbance w/ associated cold front will pass through this afternoon/evening a few light showers/snow showers could form near the front. The further north and east you are the better the chances of you getting hit by a brief shower or two.

I guess I should start following models again :lol: 

Maybe Ill see snow later :D 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Right now their playing bad hockey. No other way to put it. Devastated with injuries. That's the risk with an aging core. 

Not sure when they can expect to get anyone back but right now the season is slipping away

Look we tried to give you that game last night. Getting out shot 22-3 in the 3rd? The Blues were out of gas, period. 

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

I can confirm this. For a period, it felt like a June thunderstorm with the thunder rattling the house and impressive lightning. Continued for hours. Had a couple good strikes nearby when I was shoveling earlier this morning, too. I’m in West Seneca NY for the storm. Best action is south of me but IMBY, at 25” so far. Will likely end up in the 40”-45” range 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

No booze at the World Cup?!? Sacrilege. :drunk:

That late decision is complete bullsh*t on the part of Qatar. They had agreed to provide the same fan experience as always (including selling beer at stadiums), but they just went ahead and made a unilateral decision to not do so. I'm sure Budweiser is thrilled!

47 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

What a mess this will be. No alcohol and near-slave labor? 

I've been watching a couple documentaries this week - one about FIFA corruption and the other about the controversy around the Qatar World Cup - but the latter does a really good job going into the details of the labor issue. Basically, as far as I'm concerned (and I think most people feel the same), the whole thing is a massive f*ckup and it should never have gone down this way. But...money buys votes.

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic