Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2022

George BM

55 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Going into the bye, the schedule looks very favorable for the ravens. 4 very winnable games in a row after the bye. I’d like to have a solid cushion over the bengals so that final game in Cincy isn’t decisive.

Just wish there was some sign of an actual professional level passing game. We will see how far they can go with good TEs, mediocre receivers, and Roman's simplistic schemes. OL looks healthy and dominant, and Edwards should be back after the bye week. Smash mouth and Defense will have to do it- the Raven way. Smith is a tackling machine and makes a huge difference in the middle.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Just wish there was some sign of an actual professional level passing game. We will see how far they can go with good TEs, mediocre receivers, and Roman's simplistic schemes. OL looks healthy and dominant, and Edwards should be back after the bye week. Smash mouth and Defense will have to do it- the Raven way. Smith is a tackling machine and makes a huge difference in the middle.

A healthy Andrews will obviously help. I wish they got the RBs more involved in the passing game. Maybe when Dobbins is back? The defense is getting better (and they’re playing worse teams) and Roquan is a beast. I think things are setting up well for them. Can they beat good teams in the playoffs? I’m still skeptical.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I started yesterday after work and getting out shortly to finish.  Don't forget the gutters.

Nice. Wish I were close to done! I did one cleanup two weekends ago, followed by one this past Friday and one on Saturday. Then all of the neighbors' beech trees dropped their leaves over the weekend, so I have a ton still to do.

Three families at the top of our street had a service come out yesterday to clean up their yards. About half of the cul-de-sac was covered in 6-7' of leaves until they came out in the evening to suck them all up. Pretty impressive!

As for gutters...I had quality guards installed this summer, and they've been working a real treat so far. I can't emphasize enough how excited I am to finally have them!

• Like 2

What a beautiful game last night. Played well in all phases except for a few of LJ's terrible passes. After the bye we should get Gus and Andrews back, then JK a few weeks after that. On the defensive side we will be getting Ojabo and a few weeks after Marcus Williams. Exciting times ahead for this team. I think we have at least 12 wins and a top 3 seed. Good times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravensrule said:

What a beautiful game last night. Played well in all phases except for a few of LJ's terrible passes. After the bye we should get Gus and Andrews back, then JK a few weeks after that. On the defensive side we will be getting Ojabo and a few weeks after Marcus Williams. Exciting times ahead for this team. I think we have at least 12 wins and a top 3 seed. Good times. 

The schedule is favorable for a run. Defense could transform from a debacle the first few games to a dominant unit with the players that are returning, the addition of Smith, and younger players like Hamilton figuring it out. Wish there was some way to get a legit receiver, but OBJ would probably be the only option for a significant upgrade at this point, and he will have suitors that will pay him more than the Ravens. Probably Jerry Jones.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Empty nest for the Christmas holiday - thinking of heading north with the pup and the missus. Best chances for scenic snow in Dec 21 - 27 timeframe likely to be...upstate NY? Vermont? New Hampshire? 

Lake Placid, Jays Peak, Stowe - probably best bets. Woodstock, VT is very pretty in the snow, @snowfan was there for that last winter. 

US World Cup roster comes out at 5:00pm today. Lots of discussion about a leaked roster yesterday, but you could probably easily choose 23 of the 26 guys who are going already, so I'm not trusting any of those Twatter experts/threads.

Can't believe the tournament starts in 11 days. That said, F a winter World Cup in Qatar. :lol:

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 9:58 AM, mattie g said:

US World Cup roster comes out at 5:00pm today. Lots of discussion about a leaked roster yesterday, but you could probably easily choose 23 of the 26 guys who are going already, so I'm not trusting any of those Twatter experts/threads.

Can't believe the tournament starts in 11 days. That said, F a winter World Cup in Qatar. :lol:

F the World Cup in Qatar, period.

• Like 2

I had my classes input data and create boxplots for discussion.  We used DC data because even though they moved their station from time to time, I don't think the affect is as bad as Baltimore moving from the city to its current location.  Anyway, any stat people out there that have any thoughts when comparing the data?

Here's a snapshot, or download the pdf below.

image.thumb.png.4ab04f0acc6093e97f36433789d92a40.png

Washington Temps and Snowfall Boxplots.pdf

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I had my classes input data and create boxplots for discussion.  We used DC data because even though they moved their station from time to time, I don't think the affect is as bad as Baltimore moving from the city to its current location.  Anyway, any stat people out there that have any thoughts when comparing the data?

Here's a snapshot, or download the pdf below.

image.thumb.png.4ab04f0acc6093e97f36433789d92a40.png

Washington Temps and Snowfall Boxplots.pdf 232.07 kB · 2 downloads

That’s really cool!

I’m not a stats person, but the 20,000’ view to me is that we generally run in sets of three 20-year cycles. 

• Like 1

And quick greetings again from the western bank of the Mississippi (literally.. we live a mile from a levee) where the forecast definitely undershot the potential of the disturbance swinging through the middle of the country and ushering in actual fall and a winter preview. The front should be headed your way later today.

Probably a good 2-3” out there.

image.thumb.jpeg.cc2cd85b4976ad82c92a2a0752305900.jpeg

• Like 12

You guys are on the east side (the warm side) of this trough, but once that frigid cold front hits you, temps will be 20-30 degrees colder than normal. You guys in N VA will be in the 20s for highs. Its FREEZING COLD here in South Texas. We are being subjected to cold highs around 53 and lows below freezing. Remember that normal January highs/lows down here are 59/41. I am used to 83/70 in November, think it is quite cool in fact. I wear light jackets at night in 68 degree dewpoint weather with an 18mph south wind off the Gulf. I have really adapted to this climate! But you all in the mid atlantic are gonna get frozen but good by this once it hits you. You will have deep winter highs and lows in N VA once that front gets to you. In mid November. It's this early and we are already facing killing frosts in South Central Texas! I spent 6 hours this frigid afternoon covering pipes, plants, checking on the dogs, cats and elderly friends. Its supposed to STAY in the low/mid 50s for TEN DAYS! Meteorologists are even saying we might have a day of highs only in the upper 40s! Our normal January high temperatures are not that low! That, is absolutely unusual for us at this time of year! We usually cool down for 2 days then it is back to the refreshing breezes off the beloved Gulf of Mexico! Not anymore.

Never forget, the winter will always remember November. This, is going to be a horrendously frigid winter, ESPECIALLY back East in the mid atlantic, where the troughs are gonna stick around forever. The Mid Atlantic is long overdue for a record cold, record snow winter, which you are assuredly going to get this winter. Enjoy!

On 11/11/2022 at 5:41 PM, The Ole Bucket said:

Saw the potential for the first flakes of the year tonight in my new home... and made me nostalgic for this part of the forum. I wish y'all the best this upcoming winter. Make it an overperformer!

It's gonna be! Mid Atlantic is gonna get absolutely demolished by snow and frigid cold.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jebman said:

It's gonna be! Mid Atlantic is gonna get absolutely demolished by snow and frigid cold.

To your point, if this stretch actually is the pattern for winter, it’s gonna be wild everywhere. Fingers crossed.

Right now at 5am CT it’s 21F here in southeast Missouri. The next forecasted high at 50F or above is… Nov. 23.

It never got above freezing yesterday!

Hearty people here, many farmers, so no one complained, local festival went on as planned.. but they were all shocked too. Hasn’t been an early snow like this in 15 years.

And we might get another inch or two tomorrow night!

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic