Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yep...and I also wouldn't get expectations super high even when the pattern gets more favorable.

I think the key takeaways should be:

1. Models have been very volatile

2. Even if that look develops, it's not a guarantee of snow events. Esp near the coast.

3. It's a good thing that no AK vortex is showing up. So if we get frustrated initially, there's a good chance we will have more shots going forward at our latitude as long as no piggy is showing up.

Yup. It’s a fine winter look in the extended. Never any guarantees.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep...and I also wouldn't get expectations super high even when the pattern gets more favorable.

2. Even if that look develops, it's not a guarantee of snow events. Esp near the coast.

3. It's a good thing that no AK vortex is showing up. So if we get frustrated initially, there's a good chance we will have more shots going forward at our latitude as long as no piggy is showing up.

I really hammered #2 in my write up...I feel like the coast may have some issues and elevation/latitude will do well in December.

January is more of a regional orgy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m not sure why people are so upset about a relaxation in a timeframe when our snow climo is garbage even in the best circumstances.

People should be happy things look to be turning a corner towards the second week of December when climo chances increase

Omg exactly, so much fuss over nothing. 

17 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m not sure why people are so upset about a relaxation in a timeframe when our snow climo is garbage even in the best circumstances.

People should be happy things look to be turning a corner towards the second week of December when climo chances increase

Good post.   Agreed. 

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This times 1000!!!!

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is probably one of your top posts in forum history. It expresses exactly what I said yesterday, but you mask the worry very well . 

• Weenie 2

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

For point number 2 while that’s true the blocking will increase our chances especially by late December. All it takes is one storm anyways with this blocking. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

I have a nagging concern about the persistent SW trough.  Let's hope we don't repeat last December with great NAO and killer RNA.

Don’t nag. You’ll get accused of whining , having a nice hiney to whup with wet noodles and towels. and having unreal expectations  

Heavy heavy snow coming soon to neighborhoods near all starts this weekend 

• Confused 3
  • Weenie 3

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Don’t nag. You’ll get accused of whining , having a nice hiney to whup with wet noodles and towels. and having unreal expectations  

Heavy heavy snow coming soon to neighborhoods near all starts this weekend 

Optimism is wearing you down. You can’t shake it. Nobody is saying to get the snorkel ready.