Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Right on schedule because mid-November average temps are right on par with early April. Though early April skews a little snowier than mid-November.

I love this!  These folks make themselves look so silly. Great post. 

I guess if it doesn’t look like a frozen tundra on 11/20, there must be something wrong? It’s Laughable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I love this!  These folks make themselves look so silly. Great post. 

I guess if it doesn’t look like a frozen tundra on 11/20, there must be something wrong? It’s Laughable. 

Back in the day mid to late November did not "look" early April. There was a obvious difference.  

• Weenie 3

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

Back in the day mid to late November did not "look" early April. There was an obvious difference.  

I Think a lot of folks memory is hazy on that. I’m 54, and as long as I can remember, it didn’t look frozen, and/or snowy most mid/late Novembers.  Sure some do and have over the years, but more times than not, it doesn’t.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Back in the day mid to late November did not "look" early April. There was a obvious difference.  

That hasn’t been true in my lifetime including my 38 years in New England.   Snow in November is rare.   Normal climo today for Boston is 49 max.   We always had cold days in November but rarely snow more than a light accumulation and even that has generally been hit or miss.   Has everyone forgotten winter moths that we get during the warmer November’s and December’s?   

Regarding Canadian geese:   They hang around in SNE and winter here at least for the past 31 years which is when I moved back from LA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

That hasn’t been true in my lifetime including my 38 years in New England.   Snow in November is rare.   Normal climo today for Boston is 49 max.   We always had cold days in November but rarely snow more than a light accumulation and even that has generally been hit or miss.   Has everyone forgotten winter moths that we get during the warmer November’s and December’s?   

Regarding Canadian geese:   They hang around in SNE and winter here at least for the past 31 years which is when I moved back from LA.

Did I mention snow???

There are more geese in the Methuen area than I can ever recall.  They are battling the crows for territory....it's like 2 gangs having a turf war. 

9 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Did I mention snow???

There are more geese in the Methuen area than I can ever recall.  They are battling the crows for territory....it's like 2 gangs having a turf war. 

What you mentioned was the green grass etc.   it’s been well below early April normal temperatures for a week.  Give it a month and then it changes to blah color.  That to me is a typical progression although I admit the first 10 days of November were absurdly warm.

• Thanks 1

The article is nearly 5 years old but the problem with the crows has only gotten worse since the time it was written. Now there are flocks of geese battling the crows. At times it is like watching a "dogfight" in the sky.

https://www.eagletribune.com/news/in-lawrence-a-massive-and-wily-flock-of-crows-delivers-a-winter-mix-of-urban/article_13895400-0dd1-11e8-acf5-c378a515f53

15 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

GEFS pulled back some. Patience will be needed

I think the goal posts are essentially my version of December, which punts the first week to 10 days of the month for SNE, and the more aggressive versions of yesterday and last night. I don't think that the month will go to shit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I get why he is a bit more paranoid down in Jersey.

But the problem is that he’s in here saying things that apply to Jersey, and not necessarily to SNE.  So that’s where the disconnect comes in.  The pattern looks dam good for SNE…for him in Jersey, maybe it’s a tad more dicey?  

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But the problem is that he’s in here saying things that apply to Jersey, and not necessarily to SNE.  So that’s where the disconnect comes in.  The pattern looks dam good for SNE…for him in Jersey, maybe it’s a tad more dicey?  

Yea, but people come here for good analysis because we have great mets in these threads, and its hard to totally check the IMBY goggles at the door.

I get it.

• Like 3