Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Gfs has made huge strides the past 2 years.   Let’s see how they perform with a winter storm that’s legit.  That used to be the euros wheelhouse.

The height changes are amazing for that model. I'm sure the EPS will follow as well which is more disturbing. 

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Without looking back, I feel like the UK showed this type of outcome yesterday @ 12z? 

I really have not looked at very much of this as it was not looking very good the last few days of models and i've been rather busy so just started looking, But i don't think the Ukie ever had this as snow at all.

6 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

GEFS @ 12z today continue showing less of a "pig" out in the 10-15 day range. Almost completely replacing it with a ridge and a trough in the east....hope it continues this look as we move closer

They looked decent to me. At least guidance at the moment seems to be lessening any fears of prolonged pigs etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It is compared to the 70’s we were experiencing….where have you been 1717?  Teens last night, vs 70 overnight last Friday night? 

For temps, the 12-14 period was the change here - 12: 63/51; 13: 51/36; 14: 36/26.  Nov 1-13 avg was 60/38.  Since then, it's 34/22 and today will push that avg down a bit.

36 minutes ago, George001 said:

The models rush pattern changes a lot. Delayed but not denied. During transition periods the models are completely lost just like Zach Wilson is when he drops back to pass.

No, the pattern has changed completely George.  We had upper 70’s for highs, and upper 60’s to near 70 for lows the first week of November.   Look where we’ve gone since. The pattern is completely different/changed.  That’s what is being talked about when I responded to great snow 1717. 

• Like 2