Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Cold and so much blowing snow in these 30mph gusts in town.  The 2” earlier today in the squalls is now getting moved around in a big way.  Wind is honking, should be single digits by morning, possibly below zero higher up.

Snow sifting down the roads in the wind, arctic type vibes.  

Also, check out this massive “snow devil” a friend caught spinning up near the picnic tables.  

IMG_1645.MOV 295.63 kB · 4 downloads  

Are you sure that wasn't a volcanic eruption?

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Twitter is hilarious right now. You have weenies in DC and Philly saying exactly that…”It’s going to bomb out and pull down its own cold air from aloft” “It’s too early to say it’s not going to be snow it could make it’s own cold” LMFAOOOO!! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

No shit Philly and DC arent getting anything, it is late November with powerful La Niña in place. However, lows bombing out and and making their own cold air is a real thing. Is it likely to be enough for SNE? No, it’s a long shot because welp it isn’t winter and everything has to go right for it for us to get big snows. I’m not saying 100% of the QPF will be snow (it won’t), but a rain to heavy snow scenario right into the Boston and NYC metro areas is still in the cards. I’ve seen it happen, it happens all the time in March nor’easters. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

No shit Philly and DC arent getting anything, it is late November with powerful La Niña in place. However, lows bombing out and and making their own cold air is a real thing. Is it likely to be enough for SNE? No, it’s a long shot because welp it isn’t winter and everything has to go right for it for us to get big snows. I’m not saying 100% of the QPF will be snow (it won’t), but a rain to heavy snow scenario right into the Boston and NYC metro areas is still in the cards. I’ve seen it happen, it happens all the time in March nor’easters. 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, George001 said:

No, it’s not a thing

55 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Take off your pants and undies.. sit naked on the leather couch and just look at this pic from Orchard Park 

zVKcftV.jpg

Good evening DIT. I took your advice, sans the leather. Everything but what I wanted started to shake. Amazing photo, stay well, as always ….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Cold and so much blowing snow in these 30mph gusts in town.  The 2” earlier today in the squalls is now getting moved around in a big way.  Wind is honking, should be single digits by morning, possibly below zero higher up.

Snow sifting down the roads in the wind, arctic type vibes.  

Also, check out this massive “snow devil” a friend caught spinning up near the picnic tables.  

IMG_1645.MOV 295.63 kB · 13 downloads  

Holy beautiful. 

• Like 1

It is wild that if you live in the south towns of Buffalo you can see a 5-foot snowstorm like a couple times a decade lol.  That’s insane when you start going through photos and dates.

Sure it may melt faster than New England, or settle out or whatever… but that’s like “go big or go home” land for snowfall in the East.  Need to experience one of those events some day.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Squashed.  We cool and dry. 

That’s OK by me.   Was hoping for an OK day Friday to walk around Boston with the family. I know I’m only 90 miles away but we just don’t get there that often.

Looks like a rainstorm is brewing Sunday of thanksgiving weekend.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

9 days up here with temps 60F or higher, including 4 days with highs in the 70s in November.

Now today will make 7 days in a row of below normal after getting as high as +30 from normal.

Max of 31F today is 11 below normal (42F).

Ginxy for President?

808038EB-2E96-43C3-BDA3-62C3E1502319.jpeg.bbf265012325345386b174997aa99e54.jpeg

Heh. I see a month way above normal so far.  Lol. 

• Haha 1