• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

No disrespect people. I'm not sure why any of you are making any kind of forecasts lol. Yes we have an idea what could happen in the setups that are coming up. But like every other year, we have changes that happen within a week. Why the hell are any of you saying we're going to get something next week or not?

You all know that we've had storms appear out of almost nowhere within three or four days of the actual event. And same is true with storms that have been on the maps for one to two weeks that don't come to fruition. The point is, no one is correct on here. No one's to blame on here. Let's just enjoy the weather and see what happens. I'm actually laughing over here reading some of these comments . People really do live and die off of a model run.

Still.... Love you all though, that's why I come back every day in the winter.  I'm as big a weather geek as anyone else on here.

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

No disrespect people. I'm not sure why any of you are making any kind of forecasts lol. Yes we have an idea what could happen in the setups that are coming up. But like every other year, we have changes that happen within a week. Why the hell are any of you saying we're going to get something next week or not?

You all know that we've had storms appear out of almost nowhere within three or four days of the actual event. And same is true with storms that have been on the maps for one to two weeks that don't come to fruition. The point is, no one is correct on here. No one's to blame on here. Let's just enjoy the weather and see what happens. I'm actually laughing over here reading some of these comments . People really do live and die off of a model run.

Still.... Love you all though, that's why I come back every day in the winter.  I'm as big a weather geek as anyone else on here.

There are certain times when we can say with high certainty we’re not getting a snowstorm in the next week. 

The post-Tday event is on life support but not 100% dead yet. Prob in another cycle or two we can call it dead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:
1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

There are certain times when we can say with high certainty we’re not getting a snowstorm in the next week. 

The post-Tday event is on life support but not 100% dead yet. Prob in another cycle or two we can call it dead. 

You are right. I do remember when we get those storms that almost seem gone, and then all of a sudden they're back. Later December through February. I love when that happens though. Everybody gets on the train and the excitement level is through the roof. It's a great feeling. May not happen this time, but I know it'll happen at least once this winter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

I don’t think that pattern is too bad. The pacific sucks but there is a lot of blocking which makes up for it.

That’s two plus weeks out…so who knows the way these have been so volatile?  The blocking is east based(which isn’t the best for us)..but who knows at this point. 

A few weeks ago this period we are in now was forecast by the weeklies to be very mild/warm lol..it’s 38 here today.  That didn’t work out to well. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

That’s two plus weeks out…so who knows the way these have been so volatile?  The blocking is east based(which isn’t the best for us..but who knows at this point. 

Yeah there is plenty of time for change for better or worse. Hopefully we see the blocking strengthen and become more west based as we get into December.