Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

43 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It certainly could be cold and snowy....but we're just saying that the beginning of the month looks like it's going to be milder....it's been in the cards for a while to varying degrees. A few recent runs had the relaxation almost disappearing but it's come back on the last run or two.

I had a mild early month of December, transition to a colder gradient look as the month aged.

RNA is the word of the day for December.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS still has a good look. I wouldn't write off the 25th yet.

I know it’s still day 6, but this is a really significant difference in the entire NA pattern

the GEFS would be a total wash while the EPS still has the confluent flow in SE Canada

now we just have to see which is correct

8882520E-52FA-4077-8CEA-A46A6D2BD573.thumb.gif.8defa51d58d7e547600adab2df6725b2.gif

4 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

I know it’s still day 6, but this is a really significant difference in the entire NA pattern

the GEFS would be a total wash while the EPS still has the confluent flow in SE Canada

now we just have to see which is correct

8882520E-52FA-4077-8CEA-A46A6D2BD573.thumb.gif.8defa51d58d7e547600adab2df6725b2.gif

PNA ridge is good on both, same with blocking near Greenland. But look at the difference with that cutoff by Labrador.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

PNA ridge is good on both, same with blocking near Greenland. But look at the difference with that cutoff by Labrador.

That ridge-bridge on the EPS helps...GEFS doesn't really have that and puts that piece of PV lobe near Baffin....same place that has the ridge-bridge on EPS

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Looking out the window? Dude…get out there and record.

Both older kids had basketball tryouts yesterday, otherwise we would have made the trek to Watertown. Closer to here and alot more Air BNBs available....

Kicking myself now, probably could have left afterwards and still beat the beginning of the band up there.

Hope it snows here soon, might have to head to Vermont to find snow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Canadian seems to like CNE and NNE.

Yep, but it shifted N with the PV lobe too...not as pressed as 00z was. I'm guessing Euro will start backing off too....but we'll see. PRetty volatile and unstable look up north.

The GFS goes nuclear with blocking after the Tday weekend system goes by.

• Sad 1