Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nov is and always has been a winter month . Especially the second half. That has not changed nor will it 

March 25th has colder normals than November 17th at ORH....do you consider March 25th winter?

March 25th also averages a lot more snow than Nov 17th in addition to being colder.

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nov is and always has been a winter month . Especially the second half. That has not changed nor will it 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you are talking about Siberia that is correct, if you are talking about SNE that is completely false. 

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh I didn't see week 5 yet. Of course it will lol.

They do have a nice -NAO early/mid December though. Hopefully that verifies and then takes longer to break down than it is forecasting.

Also, the weeklies are initialized at 00z, so they are prob not seeing some of this 12z stuff which seems to be a bit better looking out west.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Who cares.. Morch is spring, has a spring look and feel with light, sun etc. To me , I like winter and snow in Nov

I like snow in November too…especially the second half, but more times than not the weather doesn’t do what we want or feel it should…even if it is low sun angle and short days. 

56 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

March 25th has colder normals than November 17th at ORH....do you consider March 25th winter?

March 25th also averages a lot more snow than Nov 17th in addition to being colder.

facts? we ain't got time for facts.

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Who cares.. Morch is spring, has a spring look and feel with light, sun etc. To me , I like winter and snow in Nov

i may be laughing at the premise of your posts that say November is a winter month-because it really isn't. plus like Will said above, March can produce way more snow. HOWEVER, i actually agree with this post of yours. November starts to get cold, starts to get that holiday vibe, which yes, eventually leads to snow. And March is the opposite. getting warmer, signs of spring, etc

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

facts? we ain't got time for facts.

i may be laughing at the premise of your posts that say November is a winter month-because it really isn't. plus like Will said above, March can produce way more snow. HOWEVER, i actually agree with this post of yours. November starts to get cold, starts to get that holiday vibe, which yes, eventually leads to snow. And March is the opposite. getting warmer, signs of spring, etc

I get that November has winter vibes with the low sun angle and shorter days plus the holidays starting up…if it were up to me, we’d all be buried by Tday. 

But unfortunately the weather doesn’t care. The numbers don’t lie. When it comes to weather, November is quite anemic as a winter month. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Agreed. By March you're quickly heading into spring/summer or at least it feels that way.

Though more often than not the weather frequently reminds you it's still March. 

• Thanks 1