• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

I left Willimantic in October and now I’m in Gainesville FL.

I knew it does not stay super warm here deep into winter but until this week it was pretty reliably around 80 degrees each day.

Not anymore. Now we are seeing a string of 60 degree days. I’m afraid that will be the rule rather than the exception. Next time move to Homestead. At least it’s not brutal in any way. But I will miss those big snowstorms a little on the other hand. The final frontier for a snowstorm to ever impact is the panhandle west. That’s the absolute last place snow gets down to.

It does not happen here. That’s kind of why we came here.

I am watching out for a blocking pattern which could lead to a true cold snap and while I don’t see it on our doorstep yet I’m not looking forward to that. For now, highs 60s low in 40s.

I wont clutter this sub too often with my foreign posts but i will miss being part of the local banter during snow season 

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I like where the euro sits for next weekend. Looks like part of the energy breaks off in the southwest, unlike the GFS. If the ridging out west holds a bit longer maybe there would be room for it to come up coast, but right now it all shunts east

Eps is also intriguing 

Courtesy of the Mid Atlantic subforum 

8D63FA95-21F9-4B5C-9F6B-30DD2B5D65CA.thumb.png.676f7f21f94b498dfbf2950abd15472f.png

B22A7799-BF53-4160-B10B-77AA78ABC184.thumb.png.3d33d657567132e1cbadc8f91de9fb5e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1